Women's World Cup

eustonstation

Great achievement, considering.

Not quite sure why people have been jumping on the bandwagon, saying how proud they are etc.

Why are they proud? What are they proud of?

Not only was being born in England, a piece of land, down to sheer chance but they're proud of a group of women they've never met playing a sport (Women's football) which is about as popular as Snooker.

popularity matters not. A group of women representing the nation and doing well. Reaching the Semi Final of a world tournament is a massive achievement. Its something that doesn't happen a lot to England.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure why people have been jumping on the bandwagon, saying how proud they are etc.

Not only was being born in England, a piece of land, down to sheer chance but they're proud of a group of women they've never met playing a sport (Women's football) which is about as popular as Snooker.

and I thought I was a miserable sod. 

youv'e been on the cactus juice haven't you.

Lionesses rule OK 

I thought the ref and assistants were dire yesterday, the worst I've seen, and to be honest I've thought the refs were poor in almost every game. The only ref I thought did an acceptable job was the one who looks Danish. Best I can describe unfortunately.

The highlight of the Women's World Cup for me though is definitely Jonathan Pearce losing his train of thought mid sentence because a player does something completely abysmal.

"and of course this is the first time she's THAT WAS A SHOCKING CORNER!"

Archived