Paul Clement Press Conference

Kernow

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Thanks for posting this. 

Best thing about it is no Colin Gibson!

Would be nice to do a few upgrades for the players so they feel like they're in a Premier League set-up: Recaro seats; widen the tunnel; and bling out the dressing room a bit. 

I honestly think small things like that make a difference.

​Definitely, the dressing room hasn't changed since I was last in there for my 10th birthday, party in 1999.

MelMorris said, 'We want unity 'all across the board' ,we learnt a lot of lessons last year,and we want to use them to our advantage next season'

Sounds like a bit of dis unity then .... McClaren ? is that what he was inferring, and why he's gone now Mel is in charge ?

Clement said he's worked with a variety of talented players, at different clubs, and those skills will be needed here...

From Sammon to Hughes and beyond :)

MelMorris said, 'We want unity 'all across the board' ,we learnt a lot of lessons last year,and we want to use them to our advantage next season'

Sounds like a bit of dis unity then .... McClaren ? is that what he was inferring, and why he's gone now Mel is in charge ?

​I think that's one of a few reasons Mac is gone. 

For the record though, I wish him luck at Newcastle. At least he won't have to buy any new ties.

Karl Halabi the new fitness coach, hopefully that's Thornes injury worries over for the time being and that stupid warm up during half time Schoenmaker made them do.

​At Reading for four years , got the sack when Adkins took over .

​Thanks for posting this. 

Best thing about it is no Colin Gibson!

Would be nice to do a few upgrades for the players so they feel like they're in a Premier League set-up: Recaro seats; widen the tunnel; and bling out the dressing room a bit. 

I honestly think small things like that make a difference.

​Great point, give Bryson the comfort he deserves. 

SillyBilly

He came across really well for me, I feel a sense of excitement coming along. I hope we don't put too much pressure on him too soon though, please no talk of top 2 before a ball is kicked, setting him up to fail there...

Its pretty exciting times again, Clement is an unknown entity at this stage.

Not overly impressed.  Lacked confidence. Clearly a big learning curve for him.  He's got the background and seems a nice fella but is he a leader? Hope and trust he's more confident with the players. Don't understand why he and Drac Sam don't know what they're doing with Simpson and Steele. Seems unprofessional to me. 

Not overly impressed.  Lacked confidence. Clearly a big learning curve for him.  He's got the background and seems a nice fella but is he a leader? Hope and trust he's more confident with the players. Don't understand why he and Drac Sam don't know what they're doing with Simpson and Steele. Seems unprofessional to me. 

I think he was nervous, saw him wipe his face his face three times cos he was sweating. Big day for him today. 

Everything I've seen of him so far makes me feel positive but leadership will be something only time will tell.

Don't know if you saw it on EMT but he did say he would be 'fair but strong' with the players. Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

It's quite understandable that Paul was nervous at the press conference, he will get used to being in the spotlight soon.  The fans can really help him out by being fully supportive to him and making him feel right at home in his job for Derby.  Am delighted that a coach of his caliber has found his way to our club after the uncertainty of recent weeks.  Derby are on the up again.  Look out Championship, here comes Clement's barmy army.

Karl Halabi the new fitness coach, hopefully that's Thornes injury worries over for the time being and that stupid warm up during half time Schoenmaker made them do.

Thorne's last injury had nothing to do with Derby... :ph34r:

Thought he was OK , think you made up your mind beforehand , either that or you are Steve McClaren .

It's quite understandable that Paul was nervous at the press conference, he will get used to being in the spotlight soon.  The fans can really help him out by being fully supportive to him and making him feel right at home in his job for Derby.  Am delighted that a coach of his caliber has found his way to our club after the uncertainty of recent weeks.  Derby are on the up again.  Look out Championship, here comes Clement's barmy army.

​spot on - public speaking is not for everyone and if you have to start doing it - and you are not used to it - bound to be nervous. I think the guy is really genuine. Other clubs must really envy us - as it seemed to me that we have  a good management board backbone and they were all professional. Solid stuff. Good luck to Paul Clement.

Archived