Paul Clement Press Conference

Kernow

If we had to choose I would much rather he was a little nervous around the press than the players and I think that will very much be the case. He is used to dealing with players on a day to day situation, taking training etc. He will need to get used to making the final choices on tactics and team selection and of course ultimately speaking with the media but initially its his player management that will be crucial this pre-season.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​spot on - public speaking is not for everyone and if you have to start doing it - and you are not used to it - bound to be nervous. I think the guy is really genuine. Other clubs must really envy us - as it seemed to me that we have  a good management board backbone and they were all professional. Solid stuff. Good luck to Paul Clement.

​seemed ok to me on the SSN clips. Confident but with a tinge of realism and a few personal touches to give us fans comfort that this is something he really wants to do and whilst he believes in his own ability is grateful for the chance.

He'll be fine. 

Interesting that he's chose to move pre season back a week

Good decision.

best thing he's done. Ok only thing he's done. But still a good decision.

I think he was nervous, saw him wipe his face his face three times cos he was sweating. Big day for him today. 

Everything I've seen of him so far makes me feel positive but leadership will be something only time will tell.

Don't know if you saw it on EMT but he did say he would be 'fair but strong' with the players. Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

​Have you ever been in spotlights? They make some of us sweat even without any kind of nervousness. I'm defo one of those, I need horrendous amount of makeup to sit in there just 15 minutes! Or without makeup, just feel the sweatriver all over your body.

​Have you ever been in spotlights? They make some of us sweat even without any kind of nervousness. I'm defo one of those, I need horrendous amount of makeup to sit in there just 15 minutes! Or without makeup, just feel the sweatriver all over your body.

​I did a 'bright lights' interview for BBC quite a few years ago about the British Open tenpin bowling championships. Bloody horrendous, and for half an hour afterwards, all I could see was blue circles, even with my eyes shut.

I once recited Tony the Turtle, a poem at Derby Arts Festival.

pretty nerve wracking, but I like to think I handled it ok.

I once recited Tony the Turtle, a poem at Derby Arts Festival.

pretty nerve wracking, but I like to think I handled it ok.

​Just so long as you didn't go into your shell.

​Just so long as you didn't go into your shell.

The following year was a disaster.

this time we had to recite a poem called The Pirate.

the opening line was 'he walks the deck with swaggering gait, a twinkle in his eye'

and for some unkown reason i said......

" He walks the plank with swaggering gait....."

when i got back to my seat i found that the rest of the class were doubled up in hysterics.

Different altogether.  Confident, relaxed, realistic.  Must have been very nervous in the press conference with SR and MM either side of him.  ​

​Exactly, now we are seeing him more as he is, calm thoughtful and collected.  i like what he said about taking the analytical approach to coaching and being fair but strong.  Have a feeling he is going to be well liked by the players, i know i am liking what i am seeing and hearing.

Archived