Time for a new club anthem?

I swear in the Reading game at the end of the season the song stopped early just before the clapping part and the crowd seemed to clap in unison for once and said "Derby" at the same time. 

​I sit in the West stand and everyone sounded out of time as per lol. To me atleast anyways...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Believe this was trialled at a night match last season although i cant remember which game it was... it definitely happened though, and It didn't make a difference.

Saying that they really should have trialled it on a Saturday, in a more important local match. On the occasion the silence occurred, i don't remember there being many away fans at all. so naturally not as much atmosphere as you would generate normally.

They should try it again in the future, or atleast turn it down abit! i have to literally shout so the person next to me can hear what im saying!

They should definitely try this again.  I  can't hear anything that the South Stand is singing until after kick off (I'm in North Stand ). It really bugs me as I like to sing before kick off as we do at the away matches.  

When the group meets the club can you mention it?  

I don't mind that we all finish at different times, just during the song that it sounds stupid.

But the "DERBY!"at the end creates like an echo, and then it goes into "Derby, Derby DERBY!" because everyone is shouting Derby at different times. Works quite well.

The song isn't that bad for me either, I think it's okay. Bit cheesy but that's football songs for you.

I don't mind Steve Bloomer song

We just do it crap.

We start off with the enthusiasm a student might have for ironing. A weary look on our faces like we're applauding the lucky winner of a years supply of ipro. 

Then you really start to see who the premature ejaculators are among us. They get fed up with the foreplay and want to be rolling over and going to sleep. 

A verse later and in come the real men. The ones that want a mirror on the bedroom ceiling. The powerful claps can be heard on Allenton spider island. But these are real men. And real men don't do coming second. So a race kicks off. Oh, I'll do the job properly but I want to show how fast it can be done.

Gone are the weary looks now. The premature ejaculators are back for another go now, less enthusiastically it has to be said. 

The race is on. The alpha males come through first. 

dum dum dumdumdum DERBY!! 

I'll skip a few claps. I won't be beaten!!

dumdum DERBY!!

ERBY!!

BY!!

And amongst all that are those that just dissapointment wives and girlfriends 3 times per week. They're back with a pathetic "darby"

You do know you can buy Condoms to help with this condition, don't you @Alpha Signia?

As an added bonus, you can turn them inside out when she's asleep and she'll never know!

I always stick to the old maxim, arrive early and beat the queues!

You do know you can buy Condoms to help with this condition, don't you @Alpha Signia?

As an added bonus, you can turn them inside out when she's asleep and she'll never know!

I always stick to the old maxim, arrive early and beat the queues!

Like I said to my missus while pointing at my 3yr old. 

You give me 3 minutes and I give you a lifetime. 

I like most of the Steve Bloomers watching lyrics, I think its just the tune which doesn't make it as good as something like marching on together, I'm forever blowing bubbles or you'll never walk alone for singing during a game without the actual music. 

It's not been speeded up, we just sing it completely wrong. The fast clap leading up to DERBY starts after the word "pride" but for some reason we've taken it upon ourselves to go against the template provided and start it 4 beats too early!

​No, this season, they cut 2 ''verses'' out so there is a noticeable, sudden change in tempo.

The normal accelerando in the song was ruined and nobody can adjust so people just wait for the final section to clap the final Derby chant.

Never got the concept of speeding it up. It should be the complete opposite. If we are to get everyone singing it, especially on an ad-hoc basis during a game, it needs to be slow and less based on clapping out of tune. 

Now this has got potential to be one of our own

​Yes derbyuniram making a song one of our own and making it loud and big all on our own.

Something simple and catchy which this song is, and that would get our crowd on board straight away and would be easy to sing a long too, enabling the kids and the OAPS to join in and making the players proud to come out to a ground with all stands singing loudly and proudly.

"Oh Ram Ram, Here I Am, Oh Super Derby"..............sing up!

Chelsea made "The Liquidator" there's, by keeping things easy for all their fans to sing a long too.

Archived