SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it'll be good for the defence to have a new coach, clean slate and all wanting to impress him. Even if we don't get any new names in, a rejuvenated Christie could replicate the form of early last season...he says hopefully.

​Eustace not been offered one yet. Still wouldn't be surprised to see him get a year.

​I'd be pretty gutted if this was the answer. He's 35, we have no ties to him under Clement. We can do better. More athletic, more mobile please.

I think it'll be good for the defence to have a new coach, clean slate and all wanting to impress him. Even if we don't get any new names in, a rejuvenated Christie could replicate the form of early last season...he says hopefully.

I think Christie showed enough early season to demonstrate he is a good player. He lost his way the second half of the season but didn't they all! He earned his call up to the full Republic of Ireland squad and earned a cap or two. I'm backing him to come good again.

I think Christie showed enough early season to demonstrate he is a good player. He lost his way the second half of the season but didn't they all! He earned his call up to the full Republic of Ireland squad and earned a cap or two. I'm backing him to come good again.

​Still young but certainly has the attributes. He's quick and athletic. Just needs confidence and someone better alongside him talking to him.

​I'd be pretty gutted if this was the answer. He's 35, we have no ties to him under Clement. We can do better. More athletic, more mobile please.

​Yeh but you forgot that The Eust, The Eust, The Eust is on fire...

​New broom, all the players deserve a chance mate , but if some don't come up to scratch I want you to put your old uniform on and take them out into the desert and come back alone:D

DERBY County remain very much in the hunt to sign Aston Villa's Austrian international Andreas Weimann.

Striker Darren Bent and central defender Alex Pearce became the first signings under new head coach Paul Clement this week.

Weimann could be the third new face through the door at the iPro Stadium.

Derby have spoken to Villa about the 23-year-old forward, who has a year to run on his contract.

A fee of £2m has been reported although Derby could land the player for less.

Weimann appears to be out of favour at Villa.

His last start for the Premier League club was in a 3-1 defeat against Manchester United at Old Trafford on April 4 and he was left out of the 18 on duty for the FA Cup Final against Arsenal.

Derby's interest in Weimann does not affect their stance on Tom Ince, the 23-year-old Hull City forward.

Clement is seemingly on the ball very quickly having Identified the need for four player already , even before the squad have reported back from their holidays.

​I suspect the scouting/purchasing/whatever it is team have more to do with it ATM

​2-4-4 is more likely with all these attackers we are linked with

​Lack of Ince talk, with Weimann looking like like a £2 millionish deal, I think we may end up just having Weimann and Bent, which will leave us with roughly the same number of options as the end of last season (arguably less without Lingard). Who knows, maybe it's Weimann instead of Lingard in the squad, and Ince to take his spot back for next season, but it's seemingly gone very quiet on the Ince front. 

No way Weimann will cost £2m and no way Ince will cost more than £2,5m. Weimann has one year left on his deal and quite clearly is not wanted by the club. Glad we are getting on with things. But after Ince and Weimann I can't see us buying anyone else. No need to. We have a very decent squad. Just look at some big loan signings again. Leave room for a purchase or two if needed in January. 

I hope someone takes Sammon away. 

Archived