The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OUR PRIDE

650165d1406299642-battering-rams-derby-c

OUR JOY

The flags, tickertape etc I think has looked class in all the games i've been to this season - I think you've got that end of things pretty well nailed down.

Where it does sometimes come a little unstuck is the noise. When the whole end sings together it is bloody impressive and tends to get the East and South West involved too which is great. But it's not often enough.

There will always be chants that rise and fall in popularity but it seems to me that we latch onto every newest fad rather than stay committed to our own chants.

In the past it was singing 'Oh when the Rams' slowly like Spurs, then 'We Love You' like Palace then recently 'Since I was Young' has become popular.

Bring back the more traditional chants - We are Derby is easily our best chant that can be repeated over and over again, Tired and Weary, Bertie Mee said..., Hark now hear, Hey Jude (also brilliant as a chant that goes on for ages - see England fans in Brazil).

I'm against a mass reorganisation as it were but something about the too cool for schoolers should be done. Short of kicking people (out) who aren't singing I don't know though. Maybe if the main bulk of singers (currently the blocks nearest the away fans) were in the lower tier across the end it would help spread the noise?

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

The flags, tickertape etc I think has looked class in all the games i've been to this season - I think you've got that end of things pretty well nailed down.

Where it does sometimes come a little unstuck is the noise. When the whole end sings together it is bloody impressive and tends to get the East and South West involved too which is great. But it's not often enough.

There will always be chants that rise and fall in popularity but it seems to me that we latch onto every newest fad rather than stay committed to our own chants.

In the past it was singing 'Oh when the Rams' slowly like Spurs, then 'We Love You' like Palace then recently 'Since I was Young' has become popular.

Bring back the more traditional chants - We are Derby is easily our best chant that can be repeated over and over again, Tired and Weary, Bertie Mee said..., Hark now hear, Hey Jude (also brilliant as a chant that goes on for ages - see England fans in Brazil).

I'm against a mass reorganisation as it were but something about the too cool for schoolers should be done. Short of kicking people (out) who aren't singing I don't know though. Maybe if the main bulk of singers (currently the blocks nearest the away fans) were in the lower tier across the end it would help spread the noise?

I'm happy at the top near the away fans thanks.

It is a clear improvement but the other stands aren't going to join in with most of the songs...

Collymore Song

Who are ya

Who the effin hell are you

You...............................tw@t

St Tropez is a sh1thole I'm glad we're at home

O' when the Rams, Since I was young. we are Derby. Derby, etc will get people joining in

1 hour ago, sage said:

It is a clear improvement but the other stands aren't going to join in with most of the songs...

Collymore Song

Who are ya

Who the effin hell are you

You...............................tw@t

St Tropez is a sh1thole I'm glad we're at home

O' when the Rams, Since I was young. we are Derby. Derby, etc will get people joining in

Why just pick on the songs I start?

Archived