Ed Dawes' tweet

rad1919

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The planning permission is finally in to demolish the Gasometers.

but they're owned by the nations grid so dint see how the land could have been transferred to the club by the council.

I reckon its more likely the land will be the car park spaces behind the South Stand, round the back of DW sports and the land between DW and the bird sanctuary.

but they're owned by the nations grid so dint see how the land could have been transferred to the club by the council.

I reckon its more likely the land will be the car park spaces behind the South Stand, round the back of DW sports and the land between DW and the bird sanctuary.

​I was going to say that,whilst I didn't suggest that the earlier land transfer related to the parking spaces,it could have (and indeed would have) if we hadn't owned the freehold prior to 29/4/14. However, I've now looked at these documents again,and can now rule this out.

Part of the charge taken by Global Derby involves " the freehold property known as parking spaces lying to the west of Royal Way,Pride Park,Derby registered at the Land Registry with title no. DY 283257. Now if I'd thoroughly read the earlier charge document ,I'd have seen a Land Registry reference of DY 283257 (or,should I say,have realised the significance),which is,of course,different to aforementioned parking spaces.

I've done my bit - over to Land Registry sleuths.

​I wasn't saying that it was - I was just pointing out that the planning permission was in, as someone mentioned them.

That said, it could be a complete coincidence, that the demolition of the gasometers was first reported in the DET five years ago but hasn't been mentioned since. The demolition would leave a decent size piece of real estate next to the ground, which would be of no value to the National Grid, unless they had a buyer in mind.

​I was going to say that,whilst I didn't suggest that the earlier land transfer related to the parking spaces,it could have (and indeed would have) if we hadn't owned the freehold prior to 29/4/14. However, I've now looked at these documents again,and can now rule this out.

Part of the charge taken by Global Derby involves " the freehold property known as parking spaces lying to the west of Royal Way,Pride Park,Derby registered at the Land Registry with title no. DY 283257. Now if I'd thoroughly read the earlier charge document ,I'd have seen a Land Registry reference of DY 283257 (or,should I say,have realised the significance),which is,of course,different to aforementioned parking spaces.

I've done my bit - over to Land Registry sleuths.

​Ye Gods,I'm going to pot. The title no. for the parking spaces should have read 'DY 484275' -surprised nobody pulled me up on it,as my post didn't make sense.

Not very sure what "the Plaza" is meant to be, though of I have some vague recollection of Gadsby once wanting to build it. In the modern era, presumably the club wants something like a Westfield? Here in the East End, it worked (kind of) for Stratford (by the Olympic Stadium, not "upon Avon").

Not very sure what "the Plaza" is meant to be, though of I have some vague recollection of Gadsby once wanting to build it. In the modern era, presumably the club wants something like a Westfield? Here in the East End, it worked (kind of) for Stratford (by the Olympic Stadium, not "upon Avon").

​From what i can remember if was going to be a few cafes/bars and a convenience store.  I think Gadsby was more interested in the land across the river inbetween DW sports and the Wyvern...

​Cafés/bars etc, Looks pointless anyway.

​Ye Gods,I'm going to pot. The title no. for the parking spaces should have read 'DY 484275' -surprised nobody pulled me up on it,as my post didn't make sense.

I noticed it Ramblur, but didn't want to embarrass you or upset you.

you may have threatened not to post again.

;)

Archived