Ed Dawes' tweet

rad1919

but they're owned by the nations grid so dint see how the land could have been transferred to the club by the council.

I reckon its more likely the land will be the car park spaces behind the South Stand, round the back of DW sports and the land between DW and the bird sanctuary.

​It turns out that the land was transferred from British Gas PLC to Derby City Council on 11/12/96

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have added that this land has title no. DY 283257, i.e. the same title no. referred to in the charge document of April 2014.

​You can invest as much as you like; it's what you do with it that's regulated (under certain conditions).For instance,he could throw £10m+ at the Plaza,and the only impact on FFP would be the positive of increased income.

To answer your question though,in 15/16 FFP allows you to post a negative result of up to £13m (with certain restrictions,the main one being hefty equity injection-but no problems there),and with various exemptions this would probably allow us to post a headline loss of at least £15m,and you could probably up this by £1m. I can't remember just how much equity you'd have to inject if posting the full FFP loss,but let's call it,say, £10m. There'd be nothing to stop him throwing £10m into the Plaza + a forced £10m because of FFP,in this example.

​I've really had a mistake riddled few days,and didn't realise one of Boycie's comments was aimed at me.In the above,I'd meant to say 'the owners' rather than 'he' -I suspect the constant references to MM had thrown my line of thought.So,apologies to the owners,MM and other readers. Just to say this was only an example,and I'm in no way suggesting this may have been done.

​I've really had a mistake riddled few days,and didn't realise one of Boycie's comments was aimed at me.In the above,I'd meant to say 'the owners' rather than 'he' -I suspect the constant references to MM had thrown my line of thought.So,apologies to the owners,MM and other readers. Just to say this was only an example,and I'm in no way suggesting this may have been done.

​Ramblur, the day you owe anyone an apology for anything you've posted here in terms of explaining what we struggle to decipher is the day we should shut the forum and go home! Don't apologise.

​Ramblur, the day you owe anyone an apology for anything you've posted here in terms of explaining what we struggle to decipher is the day we should shut the forum and go home! Don't apologise.

​Thanks Mostyn,I'm just mortified by the flood of mistakes I've made recently - I mean,I actually wrote "13'th" recently,and didn't spot it when reading over before posting (mind you,the other stuff I missed when reading over was far worse).

Anyhow,I'm even quite terrified of writing more about this land business now (and begin to wish I hadn't poked my nose in),but here goes. The site of the gas holders appears to feature in land retained by the vendor (British Gas ,at the time) following transfer.

​Thanks Mostyn,I'm just mortified by the flood of mistakes I've made recently - I mean,I actually wrote "13'th" recently,and didn't spot it when reading over before posting (mind you,the other stuff I missed when reading over was far worse).

Anyhow,I'm even quite terrified of writing more about this land business now (and begin to wish I hadn't poked my nose in),but here goes. The site of the gas holders appears to feature in land retained by the vendor (British Gas ,at the time) following transfer.

​the only time you need to apologise is when someone sloppy (grammatically) like Ash pulls you up on a mistake! lol

​the only time you need to apologise is when someone sloppy (grammatically) like Ash pulls you up on a mistake! lol

Sentences should always start with a capital letter Mostyn.

Tut tut.

Also leave Ash alone, Mr Perfect.

​*removes tongue from Argos*

Just looked at the 13/14 accounts and note 9 (Tangible Fixed Assets) only shows £59k of additions under 'Land &Buildings', so this land transfer cited in the legal charge seems rather minor and unlikely to be Plaza related.

We actually received £299k from asset sales,and nearly all of this related to land&buildings,though I've no idea what it was (originally cost £253k).

Just looked at the 13/14 accounts and note 9 (Tangible Fixed Assets) only shows £59k of additions under 'Land &Buildings', so this land transfer cited in the legal charge seems rather minor and unlikely to be Plaza related.

We actually received £299k from asset sales,and nearly all of this related to land&buildings,though I've no idea what it was (originally cost £253k).

​Could it be to do with the velodrome? Maybe we owned some of the land they used to build that and we got some cash, plus the land to build the new car parking behind the South Stand?

​Could it be to do with the velodrome? Maybe we owned some of the land they used to build that and we got some cash, plus the land to build the new car parking behind the South Stand?

​In the right period,so you could be right.

Tbf, davenport suggested this some time ago (car parking).

I was hoping for some juicy ed dawes gossip and its like a builders convention, land grabs and stats, football, football its a religion, bloody building is spawned from the devil.

​That'd be 'abbatoir'

"sorry, didn't abbatoir play for Sunderland ?

​That was the bit I couldn't understand. I couldn't even find an 'Abbot' playing for them - or anyone beginning with AB.

​That was the bit I couldn't understand. I couldn't even find an 'Abbot' playing for them - or anyone beginning with AB.

​sorry it was a bit tongue in cheek sweety lol, it's not really funny if you have to explain it...

i'll get my coat

Archived