Ed Dawes' tweet

rad1919

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, it was only supposed to be a throwaway joke and eddie excruciatingly dragged it out and made him explain. Tough crowd.

Wasn't nice to watch was it. It was like when a player scores and starts celebrating only to be the last one to see the linesman and his raised flag. 

Pretty decent gag imo.

Wasn't nice to watch was it. It was like when a player scores and starts celebrating only to be the last one to see the linesman and his raised flag. 

Pretty decent gag imo.

​really?

Are you just pretending to get it and are sitting there scratching your back wheels like me?

I know. You'll have to explain it to me in words of one, er, thing.

​It's not even particularly amusing, it was a throwaway gag! He was just pretending he didn't know what an abattoir was, saying it sounded like a footballers name.

Hey, you've seen the most recent series of Red Dwarf right? RDX? When he says Rimmer thought Areola was a Spanish goalkeeper? Along those lines. 

S​It's not even particularly amusing, it was a throwaway gag! He was just pretending he didn't know what an abattoir was, saying it sounded like a footballers name.

Hey, you've seen the most recent series of Red Dwarf right? RDX? When he says Rimmer thought Areola was a Spanish goalkeeper? Along those lines. 

I have no problem with throwaway gags - so long as people leave them in the bin. Speaking of which, I must go on a diet.

​It's not even particularly amusing, it was a throwaway gag! He was just pretending he didn't know what an abattoir was, saying it sounded like a footballers name.

Whoa, whoa. 

Not particularly amusing? 

It was a fairly decent. Admittedly it's not stood the test of time very well. If it goes on much further I can see Lesta losing confidence. But when the joke was made you can't say you didn't blow through your nose and give a slight smile. 

​That was the bit I couldn't understand. I couldn't even find an 'Abbot' playing for them - or anyone beginning with AB.

"sorry, didn't abbatoir play for Sunderland ?

​found a Jimmy COWan and a Greg "Halal" Halford but your right no Abbatoir !

I have no problem with throwaway gags - so long as people leave them in the bin. Speaking of which, I must go on a diet.

​Try a gag-stops you eating.

oh my goodness, 200 posts on a abbatoir ?

200 posts on planning permission for an extension ?

come on Paul sign quickly we are really bored !!!

​Ah,planning permission -another abbatoir -alike.I'm getting the hang of this now.

Anyhow,I'm even quite terrified of writing more about this land business now (and begin to wish I hadn't poked my nose in),but here goes. The site of the gas holders appears to feature in land retained by the vendor (British Gas ,at the time) following transfer.

​Hang on - so are we saying that the club have bought the land where the gasometers are, or have I spectacularly missed the point? Apologies if so

Archived