Ed Dawes' tweet

rad1919

​Try a gag-stops you eating.

​Nice.

It was actually a homonym play on words which, surprise surprise, nobody got.

Throwaway …. waste disposal….waist disposal….diet

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Hang on - so are we saying that the club have bought the land where the gasometers are, or have I spectacularly missed the point? Apologies if so

​This is going to take some explaining,so I'll start at the beginning,and own up to another oversight.I set out to try to show that the freehold (parking spaces),title no. DY484275 mentioned in the Global Derby legal charge wasn't the same land as mentioned in an earlier charge document in favour of Co-op Bank. Therefore,I brought the first charge up,scrolled through a mass of legal mumbo jumbo until I came to a title no. DY283257 (obviously different to the parking spaces)-but what I didn't notice was"'(part of)" hand written above and to the left of it (tunnel vision,I'm afraid). Now it's quite likely that the part we actually bought was then re-titled with another number. Failing to notice the 'part of' led me to search the Land Registry under DY283257 (an expensive mistake),and I couldn't work out why a transfer from the council to the club didn't feature,but only a transfer from British Gas to the council in 96.

After wading through more mumbo jumbo,I found a reference to vendor's (British Gas) retained land,the site of the gasometers -in other words part of the land that wasn't sold to the council at the time,which led me to think we'd bought a swathe of land, excluding gasometers site, from the council subsequently.

Now if I'd seen the 'part of ' reference,I wouldn't have bothered searching under DY283257 because I'd have known I'd need to search under any new title no. given to the piece of land we actually bought.Because no new number was given,I wouldn't even have bothered searching (saving me over 8 euro).

Because the accounts show that we only spent £59k on land in 13/14, davenport's theory that it related to more car parking seems reasonable (and it looks like an area covered by the original DY283257).Therefore,the gasometers appear to be a red herring,though at least my 8 euro showed the land they sit on still belongs to British Gas.

If all of this has given anyone a bad head,try sifting through the stuff I've been looking at in the last 24 hours;)

​Nice.

​I've tried to be too clever in the past,notably in my anecdote featuring "Head" and "pole",where I deliberately set a trap for the grammar police -typical,when you want them they don't turn up.

​Nice.

​I got it, but I wasn't here when the joke was made.

Who users the word swathe in normal speak theses days?  I'm off to perv at wenches in napa this evening. 

​Me,you dope.Can't you read?:D

With the benefit of a clearer head,and having revisited certain documents,I think I can now put this land business to bed.The LR report on DY 283257 talks of a land transfer to the club,given the reference no. DY 484275,dated April 2014, and this is the same reference no. as appears in the charge document of Nov 14 (Global Derby),wherein the freehold of this (stated to be parking spaces lying to the west of Royal Way) and the stadium were taken as charges.

In light of this,I now retract an earlier post in which I said this couldn't be the case (due to my mistaken belief that we'd bought the whole of DY 283257).

Therefore,it appears we bought the freehold of this in April 2014,with the Co-op Bank taking a charge; this charge appears to have been satisfied in full in November 2014 (along with 7 other charges,which I believe may be Co-op Bank related,and thus potentially significant),and the freehold was then registered as part of the Global Derby charge in November 2014.Barclays Bank then took a charge (fixed and floating) in Jan 2015.

None of this sways me from my suspicion that Global Derby may have paid off the Co-op loan in Nov 14 , although it's not clear (if this were the case) whether the subsequent Barclays charge represents a remortgage,or something completely different.

Of course,there always has to be a spanner in the works.Companies House shows that there are 3 charges (DCFC) currently outstanding,but doesn't specify them. Two of them,the most recent (Global Derby and Barclays) are easy to identify,but I've very little chance with the other one. My only guess so far is that it might relate to a Co-op Bank overdraft facility - I know we used to have this,but am unsure of the current situation (it's not appeared in debt analysis in recent years,but that's not to say a facility hadn't been used during the year and repaid by the year end).

Again,I would reiterate that anything to do with a suggested repayment of stadium loan remains pure speculation (and nothing more) on my part. 

What is changing at Derby?

Sky Sports Rob Dorsett: "Mel Morris, former owner of App game Candy Crush and a Derby director since the year dot, has always been quiet and never got involved too much. He has suddenly gone from sleepy director to exerting much more influence, and together with Sam Rush as CEO, they have big ambitions and high expectations for the club. 

"Morris is currently in negotiations with Rams chairman Andrew Appleby for a majority share and to take over himself. That will happen, maybe in the next week or so.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/9872098

What is changing at Derby?

Sky Sports Rob Dorsett: "Mel Morris, former owner of App game Candy Crush and a Derby director since the year dot, has always been quiet and never got involved too much. He has suddenly gone from sleepy director to exerting much more influence, and together with Sam Rush as CEO, they have big ambitions and high expectations for the club. 

"Morris is currently in negotiations with Rams chairman Andrew Appleby for a majority share and to take over himself. That will happen, maybe in the next week or so.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/9872098

​"a Derby director since the year dot???" .A Derby director since May of last year,and previously a director in the LOG's administration.Not a great start. So the quiet man has suddenly started telling Rob Dorsett his business? I've not noticed the sleepy,quiet man giving any press releases recently.

Does my memory deceive me,or wasn't it Sky that was suggesting a 25% stake only last week?I suppose if you have enough guesses you might eventually strike lucky.

Appleby isn't a majority shareholder-he could only put any proposals to the NAP shareholders.

Still,it's a good question Cornwall Ram (not a dig at you,btw) - what,if anything,is changing at Derby?

I agree @ramblur Mel hasn't been around since the baby Jesus was born.

However he has only invested when he has felt it right to. Pre-Pickering, what exactly was he "investing" into? I think he's investing in Sam Rush more than anything because that man is able to pull a hell of a lot of strings.

The time is right for him to invest now. Local and national interest in the club is at a high. For a Championship club who hasn't won a trophy for as long as we have, to have capitulated from the Prem like we did in 2008, we sure have a lot going for us in the national media. It's the perfect time for Mel to pump in as much money as he wants, gained from the nobs who play those god awful mobile games.

Fair play to the guy. He's got millions to spend and he's technically one of us.

Don't get me wrong on this,as I wouldn't be too surprised if he's upped his stake,but this isn't an opinion based on any newspaper speculation.After having their interest rekindled and having invested significantly in the transfer market,I could well see some investors being a little disillusioned with our failure even to make the play offs. Thus any opportunity to reduce their exposure and still have runners in the race may well be appealing.Psychologically it would be a good time for MM to 'strike'.

I may have got the 25% wrong,as I suspect it may have been Pat Murphy who suggested this,but I can't remember the thread it appeared in.

Just to clarify what's what:

With the benefit of a clearer head,and having revisited certain documents,I think I can now put this land business to bed.The LR report on DY 283257 talks of a land transfer to the club,given the reference no. DY 484275,dated April 2014, and this is the same reference no. as appears in the charge document of Nov 14 (Global Derby),wherein the freehold of this (stated to be parking spaces lying to the west of Royal Way) and the stadium were taken as charges.

​Just to clarify things: DY283257 (owned by the City Council) is the land the velodrome is built on and DY484275 is a former piece of this land split into two parts, presumably car parking spaces just outside the south stand. 

Archived