Steele and Simpson also going allegedly

Curtains

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Alessandro Schoenmaker

​I would think that the Brazilian fitness guy (whose name I don't recall) will be following SM to Newcastle. He has followed him everywhere else.

​He was one of the people SM played for our demise.....................anyone but himself.

Maybe Simmo and Eric don't want to work with him any more  ?

Perhaps Simmo would be out of his comfort zone with the sort of players already there.  SM won' be able to rely on loanees..  WestHam are already saying he must buy Carroll if he wants him  and Charlie Austin  is apparently not impressed. 

I read as assistant manager 

​Ah, the only thing I could find was a Mail online snippet that said he could be in line for the position of number 2, couldn't find anything conclusive though. Wonder if there's been a major fall out with Simmo or he just wants to try something different. 

From the Northern Echo

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/13330115.Dutch_league_winner_and_Rams_coach_in_McClaren_s_sights_for_Magpies/

"McClaren has left the recruitment of Paul Simpson to his backroom team to Charnley. Simpson is still on the pay-roll at Derby County but is the man from the iPro Stadium he would like to have with him, which presents something of a compensation problem.

"Newcastle are unwilling to pay for Simpson to make the switch, so it will be left in the hands of the Rams and Simpson to reach an agreement if the former Carlisle boss wants to be reunited with McClaren on Tyneside."

This compensaion issue is one of many reasons why McClaren would never have one to Newcastle unless he'd been sacked, as Ashley will never pay it. Unless Clement wants him, it may be gardening leave for Simmo. No mention of Steele.

From the Northern Echo

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/13330115.Dutch_league_winner_and_Rams_coach_in_McClaren_s_sights_for_Magpies/

"McClaren has left the recruitment of Paul Simpson to his backroom team to Charnley. Simpson is still on the pay-roll at Derby County but is the man from the iPro Stadium he would like to have with him, which presents something of a compensation problem.

"Newcastle are unwilling to pay for Simpson to make the switch, so it will be left in the hands of the Rams and Simpson to reach an agreement if the former Carlisle boss wants to be reunited with McClaren on Tyneside."

This compensaion issue is one of many reasons why McClaren would never have one to Newcastle unless he'd been sacked, as Ashley will never pay it. Unless Clement wants him, it may be gardening leave for Simmo. No mention of Steele.

​Can we stick a RRP £49.99 brash label on Simmo, and offer him to them for £24.99?

Archived