McClaren could get new contract - Mirror

​I have a certain thing called intelligence, whereas certain muppets believe everything that is written cos it's been cleverly constructed to resemble the truth, I can see the tactical, but subtle differences. You should be thanking me, not digging me out. Without someone like me to help people like you survive the real world, you'd be wondering around in a state of permanent confusion, oh hang on, you probably already are. I bet you're currently scratching your head as to why Will Hughes isn't already at Liverpool and Steve McClaren isn't covered in Toon Army tattoos.

If you don't enjoy or appreciate my posts, then pretty simple Vulcan, go to your profile, find the ignore list, type Mostyn6 in and never see my posts ever again. In fact, I'd be grateful if you did, cos having to stoop to your level of limited understanding is tiring me out.

Do you think Hughes will Kermit for another season? I was hoping Barker might get another 12 months but he has Gonzo we also need to think about a new Club captain.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I have a certain thing called intelligence, whereas certain muppets believe everything that is written cos it's been cleverly constructed to resemble the truth, I can see the tactical, but subtle differences. You should be thanking me, not digging me out. Without someone like me to help people like you survive the real world, you'd be wondering around in a state of permanent confusion, oh hang on, you probably already are. I bet you're currently scratching your head as to why Will Hughes isn't already at Liverpool and Steve McClaren isn't covered in Toon Army tattoos.

If you don't enjoy or appreciate my posts, then pretty simple Vulcan, go to your profile, find the ignore list, type Mostyn6 in and never see my posts ever again. In fact, I'd be grateful if you did, cos having to stoop to your level of limited understanding is tiring me out.

​Mostyn, even for someone self centred enough to wear his own pseudonym on his shirt, that is either breathtakingly arrogant or a poor attempt at humour.

​Mostyn, even for someone self centred enough to wear his own pseudonym on his shirt, that is either breathtakingly arrogant or a poor attempt at humour.

​pseudonym?

Most people think that Mostyn is my actual name. Some people I've known for years don't even know my actual name, which I rarely use and rarely introduce myself as. I don't think it's self-centred to wear a present which bares my "nick-name". I see plenty of people with things like "Smithy" etc, doesn't make them self-centred!

Yes though, it was a deliberate attempt to patronise a thick bully.

I don't particularly want to get into arguing about your intelligence or lack thereof, but the posters I suspect are most intelligent on here are those that have no problem arguing out their points without resorting to ad hominem arguments and personal attacks with quite such alarming regularity.​

You undoubtedly make many good points but I can't help but feel you shoot yourself in the foot with replies such as the above seemingly whenever you're called out.

​pseudonym?

Most people think that Mostyn is my actual name. Some people I've known for years don't even know my actual name, which I rarely use and rarely introduce myself as. I don't think it's self-centred to wear a present which bares my "nick-name". I see plenty of people with things like "Smithy" etc, doesn't make them self-centred!

Yes though, it was a deliberate attempt to patronise a thick bully.

​You can't really accuse someone of being a bully when your previous post was the perfect example of bullying tactics. It doesn't work like that.

I don't particularly want to get into arguing about your intelligence or lack thereof, but the posters I suspect are most intelligent on here are those that have no problem arguing out their points without resorting to ad hominem arguments and personal attacks with quite such alarming regularity.​

You undoubtedly make many good points but I can't help but feel you shoot yourself in the foot with replies such as the above seemingly whenever you're called out.

​True Daave. I'm just tired of people arguing with me cos it's me, and not because of what I wrote! If you look at my post, and then the response, I'm sure you can see why I've given up and placed that poster on ignore. (I now have 2 on ignore!)

There's arguing a point, and then there's repetitive arguing with people who don't even read what you're saying. Similarly, I'd be interested in what you regard as attacks, as I certainly haven't been part of the "regularity", in spite of someone thanking me for the abuse for saying the word "nonsense"!!

Yeh. You really can't trot out the old "bully" card when your previous post was the perfect example of an attempt to bully another poster. It doesn't work like that. 

​<sigh> was it? was it really? telling someone to ignore me? bullying? okay. great. yeah. carry on. 

@Mostyn6, I value, enjoy and appreciate your comments. Without people like you this board would be rubbish. And what I like is that, unlike certain others (and you know who you are), you take the trouble to spell out your points rather than just go straight away for the patronising insults, which normally wait until the end.

I agree with a lot of what you say, and disagree with some of it, and that's what this forum should be all about. Sure we knock stuff around, and you're always good for a bite, but from my end it's all light hearted and nothing serious. If I met you in the pub I'd love to buy you a beer and have a natter.

I don't want you to get the feeling I'm picking on you, it's just you (sometimes) post interesting stuff that's opposite to my opinion so I like to come back on it. Ignore all the the silly stuff and 'insults', it's just messing around.

So I'll leave you alone for a bit, but I think you're one of the good guys on here and it's probably about time I said it.

​True Daave. I'm just tired of people arguing with me cos it's me, and not because of what I wrote! If you look at my post, and then the response, I'm sure you can see why I've given up and placed that poster on ignore. (I now have 2 on ignore!)

There's arguing a point, and then there's repetitive arguing with people who don't even read what you're saying. Similarly, I'd be interested in what you regard as attacks, as I certainly haven't been part of the "regularity", in spite of someone thanking me for the abuse for saying the word "nonsense"!!

Fair enough, you probably come off a bit more hostile than you mean to at times then. I can also accept it's annoying when people seem to be ignoring the points you make in an argument!

Did you already forget writing this?

"I have a certain thing called intelligence, whereas certain muppets believe everything that is written cos it's been cleverly constructed to resemble the truth, I can see the tactical, but subtle differences."

If you're going to play the victim and accuse others of bullying then maybe, just maybe try not to be so hostile in the first place? 

Mac has the highest win ratio of any Derby manager that has been in the job for more than 15 games.  He has won more games than any other manager bar clough senior and junior, smith and cox since the 70s.  Should he win another 26 games next season he overtakes out previous manger even though he will have been manager for 70 games fewer.

You can see why he his held in high regard by other clubs.

'You can see why he's held in high regard by other clubs'.

i don't know where the quote button has gone, but you're right, and as the saying goes, you don't always know what you've got till it's gone. If we hound him out now it would be looked on in history as another spectacular Derby own goal.

Hes going to be linked to every job going now, whether we like it or not, he sells papers. The only thing we've got in our favour is that the image of him the media have built up is a negative one, and it's as though they're taunting the Newcastle fans with it, and they're too thick to realise that he really is an excellent coach.

From the Mirror's office:

X: Boring day, isn't it?

Y: Yeah, for sure. Maybe we should create some stupid rumour?

X: Well, we haven't done any today so why not?

Y: I love to tease those poor Derby fans, they react to every sausage we write.

X: They surely do. What should it be this time? Mac to Newcastle, Michael Owen returning to football with Rams...

Y: No wait, Mac will have new contract as he turned Newcastle down. Let's follow that forum where they start to get on each others throat. Love it, they really are great punch to follow.

X: Do we still have popcorn?

This is what the mirror is designed to do.

You open it up at the center pages, then rip it in half, down the center fold.  Then place one half on top of the other, then fold top edge to bottom, make a crease, open and rip down center.

Place pile nest to toilet and use when you run out of the white stuff..

Archived