The Captains Armband

Day

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will stick with Keogh, but we have no idea until we see his transfer dealings.

I think one important question would be 'who wants the armband', the only 4 or 5 candidates would probably be Grant, Buxton, Keogh, Eustace,  Martin.

I like to a CB as captain and think I would actually stick with Keogh as long as he can be coached that hurling abuse at your team mates after just conceding a goal is not a great idea.

1. No. I don't think the extra pressure helps Keogh or the rest of the team.

2. From what I've seen this season, a fit Thorne does well leading on the pitch. Otherwise Martin of the current squad though I personally prefer captains to be in the middle of the park.

1) Do you think McClaren will stick with Keogh next season

And

2) Who would you like to see made captain

​If Jeff goes then I think it would be bizarre to not also sell Keogh and seriously strengthen the backline. Captain depends on the starting line up. I don't like this let's play the captain no matter what nonsense. Right now it would go to Buxton or Eustace. But how often are either of those two going to be on the pitch. 

George Thorne would make an excellent captain and plays in the middle of the game so can make a difference to the play during training and matches. Keogh cannot even articulate properly. I will be appalled if he continues in the role.

​If Jeff goes then I think it would be bizarre to not also sell Keogh and seriously strengthen the backline. Captain depends on the starting line up. I don't like this let's play the captain no matter what nonsense. Right now it would go to Buxton or Eustace. But how often are either of those two going to be on the pitch. 

​I've asked before, 'who would want Keogh?'

1, Hope not, but then again, I don't think Keogh should be a starter.

2, Chris Martin. Speaks like a captain, leads by example and the armband might mature him a bit.

​100% this. I completely agree on both point.

Would hate to be in a team with Keogh as captain, bollocking me every thirty seconds for something minor and then watch on as he does something ten times worse and just walks on.

Archived