Who would you sign?

Uptherams

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm lots of drastic changes from a lot of you lot I see!

I’d like to see us sign Wisdom, Ince and cover for Martin. Cover for Martin I don’t give a toss if he's a donkey in front of goal I just want him to have a decent first touch and to be able to hold the ball up, but I have no clue as to who! I don’t think drastic changes are needed, I think, like the manager, the players should be given a chance to regain their true form (unless there true form was reflected in the last two months, in which case they can **** off lol). 

Grant

Forsyth Keogh Buxton Wisdom

Thorne

Hughes Hendrick (or Brys or Dawks)

Russell Martin Ince

If thats the line up at the start of next season then I’ll be happy. I know people criticise Keogh, but I think with Wisdom and Buxton in the back line and Thorne in front he’ll be much more comfortable. 

We probably need another winger too now Wardys gone (bye Ward :().

I heard he chucked a cup full of newcastle brown ale at Krul?

"Defenders don't smash chairs over people's heads. They don't smash Newcastle Brown bottles into your face and say "Stitch that, Jimmy.""

Grant/Marshall

Wisdom/Shotton        Keogh/Rawson  Albentosa/Buxton        Forsyth/Warnock

Thorne/Mascarell

Hendrick/Bryson       Hughes/Calero

Ince/Ibe                                                                                       Russell/Ward

Martin 

Marshal would be a great signing but I do like grant when hes on form.

Wisdom hasn't lit it up for west brom, another loan to us? even a signing? think he has a long contract at 'Pool

If Hughes goes id try and get Mascarell or just see if Calero or Guy can step up

Ibe on loan is unlikely, Ince might be possible

There is no replacement for Martin in my eyes

​Calero is a winger and Ward is gone.

Grant/Marshall

Wisdom/Shotton        Keogh/Rawson  Albentosa/Buxton        Forsyth/Warnock

Thorne/Mascarell

Hendrick/Bryson       Hughes/Calero

Ince/Ibe                                                                                       Russell/Ward

Martin 

Marshal would be a great signing but I do like grant when hes on form.

Wisdom hasn't lit it up for west brom, another loan to us? even a signing? think he has a long contract at 'Pool

If Hughes goes id try and get Mascarell or just see if Calero or Guy can step up

Ibe on loan is unlikely, Ince might be possible

There is no replacement for Martin in my eyes

​Have you seen Calero play?

Saw Percy tweet yesterday that Villa and West Brom have cooled their interest in Sakho because of his wage demands.

Probably not as realistic as some would think for us.

Also worries me the length of some of the shopping lists on here, talk of a brand new back 4 and keeper. Don't think I've ever seen a club apart from Blackpool make as many changes.

Hope McClaren strengthens the squad, not rips it to pieces, would be a massive step backwards for us.

​Id prefer to give him the ability to roam and switch positions with the wingers

​Can't agree, he's not that type of player, he'd be crowded out in the middle from what I've seen. I prefer him out wide.

​Can't agree, he's not that type of player, he'd be crowded out in the middle from what I've seen. I prefer him out wide.

​I respect that but from what ive seen of him in under 21s (obviously less physical) he looks at his best when coming to collect the ball from LW, turning and running at opposition. If he could play alongside Russell the new winger (Ince?) I think he could be able to play to his strengths, definitely not a Bryson player but linking play and roaming into the space none the less. But in my original post I said with playing 2 defensive mids, Thorne and Mascarell. this in my opinion would give Calero or hughes more freedom and space depending on the opposition

​Calero is a winger

​Is he?

He was described as an Attacking Midfielder when he signed and I thought he was playing in the centre for Burton?

I actually thought we were playing him out of position on the wing!?!?!?

Tom Ince - Permanent or Loan depending on availability.

Darren Bent - Permanent.

Andre Wisdom - Loan or permanent depending on Liverpool's ambition for him.

Joao Teixera - Loan (depending on his recovery from broken leg)

Marcus Olsson

.................. When linked with the reintroduction of Thorne, Bryson, Eustace and Buxton, should be enough to "freshen" things up :)

Archived