McClaren to leave IMMEDIATELY?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can choose whether or not to believe me but I for one am very confident that McClaren will be gone by midweek - an announcement will be made either Tuesday or Wednesday. Watch this space.....

Awkward. 

​I think it would have gone more like this

MA: ello can I speak to Steve?

Secretary: Steve it's for you.

MA: Ello Steve do you fancy coming to Newcastle?

SM: Well what you offering?

MA: Well you'll have a zero hours contract and start on the minimum wage.

SM: errrm!! Have you spoken to Sam about a compensation package?

MA: Hangs up.

How wonderfully quaint and with a 1970's nostalgia with switchboards, secretaries and calls being 'put through' the mobile phone has a lot to answer for still suppose the humour wouldn't work with SM just picking up his mobile...

I got ridiculed on here by some when I posted that I had spoken to a senior first team player who told me that Steve McClaren hadn't spoken to Shaun Barker for a long while and that there was no chance he would play for Derby again. Apparently I was a troll and a trouble maker. A few days later McClaren came out and confirmed that Shaun Barker wouldn't play for Derby again.

For what it's worth that said same player told me last week that McClaren spoke to Newcastle after the Reading game, they wanted him for the last three games, he didn't want to go and wanted to wait and see what division they were in, they doubted his commitment to them and withdrew the offer.

Make of that whatever the **** you want. 

I got ridiculed on here by some when I posted that I had spoken to a senior first team player who told me that Steve McClaren hadn't spoken to Shaun Barker for a long while and that there was no chance he would play for Derby again. Apparently I was a troll and a trouble maker. A few days later McClaren came out and confirmed that Shaun Barker wouldn't play for Derby again.

For what it's worth that said same player told me last week that McClaren spoke to Newcastle after the Reading game, they wanted him for the last three games, he didn't want to go and wanted to wait and see what division they were in, they doubted his commitment to them and withdrew the offer.

​Troll

​It was widely reported in the press that Ashley wanted McClaren for the last three games.

The Barker thing - i didn't see your post but i had heard that Mac wunt give Barker the time of day. He probably saw him as a drain on resources that could be better spent on another Shotton or Albentosa.

​It was widely reported in the press that Ashley wanted McClaren for the last three games.

The Barker thing - i didn't see your post but i had heard that Mac wunt give Barker the time of day. He probably saw him as a drain on resources that could be better spent on another Shotton or Albentosa.

I never claim to be in the know but I did mention on another thread a couple of weeks back which I believe got overlooked (or no one cared) that roger davies told my brother in laws dad Steve Mac was on his way. My brother in law and his dad both played for derbyshire CC and his dad is still heavily involved at derbyshire. He usually gets a little bit of inside info especially with ted mcminn being Derbyshire's kitman (if he still is). So I can't see Roger Davies lying or making it up so maybe something did change Steves mind but anyhow, Steve never did leave in the end even if was planning to. Its about what you do not about what you might do. So everyone should back him now.

That has made me chuckle.

So "this player" was present when this happened, or SM came running out the meeting and gave all the details to him.  

​I know that many of the rumours have actually come from players. 

I wonder if I'm putting two and two together and getting Jamie Ward as the answer!?!?

​I've got no clue who it might have been Most.

All i know is that if @VulcanRam has said it happened then it happened.

I'd be 100% sure of that, like i said before I don't like this critical nastiness when someone posts and straight away somebody else jumps on them like they're liars.

VR is not some jumped up little kid out for cheap kicks or to provoke reactions.

Interestingly I watched an interview with Steve who mentioned he was going to be more ruthless this season in getting rid of players, stating that 90% of everyone who was here were a dream to work with. Implying that 10% aren't. 

I wonder who the 10% might be.

Not trouble causing or provoking, just wondering.

​Do you think that he's lying Leeds?

Are you stalking my posts Ronnie, every time I make a comment about Steve you are there, twisting what I say??

sounds pathetic doesn't it :-)

If I thought he way lying then I would have said so, the poster asked to make of it what you want, I did.

i don't believe for one minute, that a player would know in that detail what happened in a meeting between SM and Newcastle, to the extend that they doubted his commitment and withdrew the offer.

Lets not forget, it was a done deal a month ago, funny how these stories are now emerging from the same sources, saying why it's not.

Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong, I won't cry over my breakfast if you challenge me.

​I've got no clue who it might have been Most.

All i know is that if @VulcanRam has said it happened then it happened.

I'd be 100% sure of that, like i said before I don't like this critical nastiness when someone posts and straight away somebody else jumps on them like they're liars.

VR is not some jumped up little kid out for cheap kicks or to provoke reactions.

Interestingly I watched an interview with Steve who mentioned he was going to be more ruthless this season in getting rid of players, stating that 90% of everyone who was here were a dream to work with. Implying that 10% aren't. 

I wonder who the 10% might be.

Not trouble causing or provoking, just wondering.

​10% of the squad would be what, say 3 players? Wardy may well be one. Others have commented Bryso not a happy chap.....

I work (well for a little longer) in t'City - full of wannabe alpha males - sounds similar to a football club. The least perceived slight and the rumours are started - usually in a dingy corner - always as "something I've heard". Before youknow it - conspiracy theories abound.

Part of the territory with herds of ambitious blokes I fear

Are you stalking my posts Ronnie, every time I make a comment about Steve you are there, twisting what I say??

If I thought he way lying then I would have said so, the poster asked to make of it what you want, I did.

i don't believe for one minute, that a player would know in that detail what happened in a meeting between SM and Newcastle, to the extend that they doubted his commitment and withdrew the offer.

Lets not forget, it was a done deal a month ago, funny how these stories are now emerging from the same sources, saying why it's not.

Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong, I won't cry over my breakfast if you challenge me.

​Not stalking you at leeds, but I do feel that you're a little bit narky too often and mainly post sarcastic little comments which have a go at the poster rather than actually taking the time to read WHAT they've written.

I don't like it and it's been like that as long as i can remember.

As long as we're being honest with each other and you won't go crying over your breakfast.

So you're saying you don't think he's lying but you don't believe him? How does that work exactly.

I've got no idea whether you're wrong or not and that's why I wouldn't post telling you you're wrong.

The same as you've got no idea whether Vulcan is wrong or not so there's no need to be jumping on his posts or any posts for that matter, sniping.

Enjoy your breakfast.

​I called you a troll and a troublemaker purely and simply because you were adamant that McClaren was definitely off to Newcastle - this had nothing to do at the time with 'last three games' and nothing whatsoever to do with Shaun Barker.

​This is exactly what I think, how the hell would a player know whats happened in important meetings between Mac and Newcastle?

Why would Mac tell that player?, If the move never came off he'd look a right tit to that player and if VR has got wind of it then surely the rest of the players would know.

Someones pulling someones p1sser I reckon :D

​This is exactly what I think, how the hell would a player know whats happened in important meetings between Mac and Newcastle?

Why would Mac tell that player?, If the move never came off he'd look a right tit to that player and if VR has got wind of it then surely the rest of the players would know.

Someones pulling someones p1sser I reckon :D

​And you really don't think that some players know broadly - not intimately perhaps - but broadly what is going on? You think they don't share contacts and agents, you don't think they talk to people at the club at all levels about a variety of things, including who might or might not be the manager next year? Really?

Anyway you could post on here that the Pope is a Catholic and people would disbelieve you, so fine. 

We think what we think, we know what we know. 

Archived