McClaren to leave IMMEDIATELY?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true then once again the question will be whether newcastle contacted the club for permission, or whether there is communication with the manager - albeit via intermediaries. 

​But how can they do that when there's been no contact, no conversation, when he's contracted to Derby, when he's staying until told otherwise, when the whole thing has just been made up, when everyone is mystified where these rumours are coming from, when he's definitely going to be in charge here next season? 

Luckily, despite being a senior journalist at one of the country's leading serious papers and with outstanding links to the NE clubs, George can easily be dismissed on here by the likes of Eddie, Mostyn et al as a troll. 

​'It is understood' is often newspaper-speak for 'I pulled it out of my shitter'.

Just this minuite had an email from a friend who is a staunch Toon supporter,who informed me that papers were stating McClaren was in Newcastle yesterday,don't know which paper,national or local

Probably just visiting his local B&Q

​But how can they do that when there's been no contact, no conversation, when he's contracted to Derby, when he's staying until told otherwise, when the whole thing has just been made up, when everyone is mystified where these rumours are coming from, when he's definitely going to be in charge here next season? 

Luckily, despite being a senior journalist at one of the country's leading serious papers and with outstanding links to the NE clubs, George can easily be dismissed on here by the likes of Eddie, Mostyn et al as a troll. 

Look to your own question for the answer........

#Nufc TODAY sounded out Steve McClaren.

​'It is understood' is often newspaper-speak for 'I pulled it out of my shitter'.

​Sometimes, although it usually also means "Everyone else is saying it, I don't know their source but we can't afford to be the only ones not reporting it"

​Typical football. "This could go either way or it could be a draw"

Last time i thought that it finished 0-3.

​Sometimes, although it usually also means "Everyone else is saying it, I don't know their source but we can't afford to be the only ones not reporting it"

​Agreed. 

Seeing as David Moyes was 33-1 yesterday for the Newcastle job and is now 2-1, I guess that somebody has more money than sense seeing as it is such a foregone conclusion that McClaren is nailed-on to be the new boss on Tyneside.

When someone says "understand that... " it means they have also heard the rumour but have no actual evidence. 

If a bird chats asks your mate if you are out on the pull and would want to take her home, would you expect your missus to act as if you've cheated?   

And if your mrs asked about it ..and you replied "I am currently contracted to you, so until that changes I can't comment on whether I like the proposition put to me by bird last night". If you further state...."I can't pledge x,y or z and will talk about things again in two days time ..." 

That is reason why McClaren will not be our manager, and is why we have commenced search for possible new manager some weeks ago.

a marriage of convenience exists at Present. ...... But as this has cost us a good chance to enter premier league riches, I am certain our millionaire/billionaire owners will back Sam to hire a new manager 

no surprise that McClaren does nt want to manage Geordies for next three games.

AND no surprise if he then don't get the job,  either way he won't be our manager come august, in fact come June he will be gone 

Archived