McClaren to leave IMMEDIATELY?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barker said on the podcast interview that he wasn't really involved with club on a day to day basis anymore and had been doing his own thing for a while, away from them.

No big secret, anyone who's listened to that interview could have stated it,  no reason a player would have to NOT mention it, no conspiracy. 

​That we even gave him a few under 21 appearances should tell you that McClaren hadn't totally one hundred percent ignored / dismissed his existence though, which some might claim. 

To be fair I think Steve Mc had enough to worry about rather than Barker who hasn't played for over two years, he wasn't going to be thrown in or kept on. He was allowed to go and play for others teams and start looking for a new club. Not really a shocking story

A bunch of fans in a room with McClaren on the microphone couldn't all agree on what was actually said, what hope have we got with players and agents :lol:  

Like the pimp said, add into the mix players that are left out, moaning at their agent, texting other players sat on the bench...all the ingredients for the perfect recipe of bull **** and that's before it moves out and into the hands of those ITK passing it on to those who claim to be ITK and their hairdressers.

Vally Ram close to Bryson was absolutely positive that McClaren was off, anything to do with Bryson being left out, not given the same role as last season?

Think Eddie is in the same boat as me, being on forums for too long and seeing this time and time again, people ITK which fails to materialise, then when it doesn't a new story is made up as to why it didn't happen or they disappear, problem is sometimes that story could be true but we will label you a Billy Bullshitter regardless because of the other 10 people that have been on recently who are also ITK with German centre backs.

I would never say to anyone stop posting stuff they believe is going on (within reason), just be prepared for.............

Karl-Pilkington-Bullshit.jpg

​And you really don't think that some players know broadly - not intimately perhaps - but broadly what is going on? You think they don't share contacts and agents, you don't think they talk to people at the club at all levels about a variety of things, including who might or might not be the manager next year? Really?

Anyway you could post on here that the Pope is a Catholic and people would disbelieve you, so fine. 

We think what we think, we know what we know. 

​Always gonna support people posting stuff they've heard cos it's good to get any info (more information is better) but I tend to agree with people that players are not gonna be ITK on the intimate thoughts of the manager...

Plus with any workplace rumours will fly around until stuff is clarified... We're having a team reshuffle over the next few weeks at work and I've been penciled in for 3 different roles over the last week yet still had NO confirmation from the actual decision maker... it's just been speculation and overheard conversations so far... 

I believe VulcanRam is reporting what he's heard. Whether he should believe what this senior player is telling him is a different matter.

​that's a very fair assessment. I believe it because I know the chap and don't see why he would deliberately lie, but I can only speak for myself.

@cheron85 is right, in any workplace rumours fly around, I'm only reporting what I was told and in good faith because I believe it. 

​that's a very fair assessment. I believe it because I know the chap and don't see why he would deliberately lie, but I can only speak for myself.

@cheron85 is right, in any workplace rumours fly around, I'm only reporting what I was told and in good faith because I believe it. 

You don't know it's true right it could be mischief. 

​And you really don't think that some players know broadly - not intimately perhaps - but broadly what is going on? You think they don't share contacts and agents, you don't think they talk to people at the club at all levels about a variety of things, including who might or might not be the manager next year? Really?

Anyway you could post on here that the Pope is a Catholic and people would disbelieve you, so fine. 

​With something as massive/important as that, no I don't think for one minute Mac would tell players that, no matter how close he is to then.

Football clubs are no different to a normal work environment, your gonna get gossip/ITK guys.

​Not stalking you at leeds, but I do feel that you're a little bit narky too often and mainly post sarcastic little comments which have a go at the poster rather than actually taking the time to read WHAT they've written.

I don't like it and it's been like that as long as i can remember.

As long as we're being honest with each other and you won't go crying over your breakfast.

So you're saying you don't think he's lying but you don't believe him? How does that work exactly.

I've got no idea whether you're wrong or not and that's why I wouldn't post telling you you're wrong.

The same as you've got no idea whether Vulcan is wrong or not so there's no need to be jumping on his posts or any posts for that matter, sniping.

Enjoy your breakfast.

It's very simple Ronnie, I'm questioning the integrity of the information provided by VR.

maybe the player is the bad egg SM is talking about, and he planted this story to find the mole within the club, or maybe the player has been told by someone who heard the conversation between Mac and Mike Ashley.

My point is that the story lacks credibility, I'm sure if someone posted sheff Utd didn't deserve a draw, you would question this, and give a view on why you think they did.  

Please feel free to put me on ignore if you don't like my posts, i enjoy your posts and am glad you are back from your self imposed exile, reminds me how far we have come from those mediocre days from the past.

​Who even said your player is the one lying? It's perfectly possible he's mistaken himself. Chinese whispers can start in dressing rooms.

Maybe your player has been fed something by an agent, or the family member of a disgruntled player, or just someone trying to cause trouble. Or maybe one of the senior players who everyone listens to has put two and two together to make five. 

There are a number of things going on here and no one can say anything with conviction either way. I would suggest, though, that the players don't know much more than us - even if they believe they do. 

The fact these rumours continue to circulate I find far more interesting than the content of the rumours themselves.

The Pope is definitely Scottish Presbyterian - a mate who is ITK with God let it slip. 

Archived