McClaren to leave IMMEDIATELY?

You can choose whether or not to believe me but I for one am very confident that McClaren will be gone by midweek - an announcement will be made either Tuesday or Wednesday. Watch this space.....

​Were's your confidence come from?  

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People really do need to stop reading Red Top Comics.  If you want a good comic try 2000AD, Marvel, DC, Beano et al, stop reading the red top ones, otherwise you start believing the lies.

It's the words that come out of McClaren's mouth that convince me.  He still won't say he is staying.

It's the words that come out of McClaren's mouth that convince me.  He still won't say he is staying.

​what? he's said at least 5 times that i've heard that he's under contract and staying until someone tells him otherwise!

​what? he's said at least 5 times that i've heard that he's under contract and staying until someone tells him otherwise!

there is staying as a happy motivated, committed manager. Then there is the current situation. "I am not making any pledge" ...fine...so response of fans and club will be "NEXT"

So 300 forum threads asking what's the truth about the Newcastle rumours and the truth is he might go or he might stay? 

​there are two different things. a) (since Carver got the job) there has been no Newcastle contact, so there's nothing to answer as there isn't a vacancy. and b) McClaren says he has no intention of leaving, but is as susceptible to the sack as anyone.

​yes, and all a manager can actually say.

managers can say a lot more. McClaren wad unfortunate in that Newcastle chose to wait until end of season...if they had of appointed a permanent manager speculation and four months of uncertainty would have disappeared.

there is staying as a happy motivated, committed manager. Then there is the current situation. "I am not making any pledge" ...fine...so response of fans and club will be "NEXT"

​are you assuming the 'pledge' comment was about him staying? or about him winning promotion?

​are you assuming the 'pledge' comment was about him staying? or about him winning promotion?

I assume he used it to cover both meanings. It is certainly not a phrase I have heard from a manager before......in any case, when he joined he said close to play offs first season (achieved) play offs second season .......and promotion third season. Have failed on second season aim.....he has given up on third season aim already. Either way, riddle time is over ...he best hope geordies come with an offer.... As his time at Derby is over. We clearly started contingency planning....in event of his leaving. Fact we blew getting into top6 means contingency planning was well worthwhile

George Caulkin @CaulkinTheTimes · 8h8 hours ago

Understand that #Nufc today sounded out McClaren, or people close to him, about taking over for last 3 games. Looks unlikely at the moment.

​But how can they do that when there's been no contact, no conversation, when he's contracted to Derby, when he's staying until told otherwise, when the whole thing has just been made up, when everyone is mystified where these rumours are coming from, when he's definitely going to be in charge here next season? 

Luckily, despite being a senior journalist at one of the country's leading serious papers and with outstanding links to the NE clubs, George can easily be dismissed on here by the likes of Eddie, Mostyn et al as a troll. 

​But how can they do that when there's been no contact, no conversation, when he's contracted to Derby, when he's staying until told otherwise, when the whole thing has just been made up, when everyone is mystified where these rumours are coming from, when he's definitely going to be in charge here next season? 

Luckily, despite being a senior journalist at one of the country's leading serious papers and with outstanding links to the NE clubs, George can easily be dismissed on here by the likes of Eddie, Mostyn et al as a troll. 

When someone says "understand that... " it means they have also heard the rumour but have no actual evidence. 

If a bird chats asks your mate if you are out on the pull and would want to take her home, would you expect your missus to act as if you've cheated?   

You comic readers still believing the BS that they are printing?

Lets apply some logic.

If Mc goes now for the last 3 games and they get relegated, he may as well quit football as that would be one disaster too many.

If he leaves in the summer, he leaves for a club in chaos, an owner who clearly wants to now own Rangers and seems a bit bored of his Geordie toy.

Newcastle is becoming as toxic as Leeds, and if Mc has any sense he would not touch it, especially after the post match interview Carver gave on Saturday, feel freeto listen to it on BBC.

Personnally if he joins Newcastle then I will breath a sign of relief.

Archived