McClaren to leave IMMEDIATELY?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if your mrs asked about it ..and you replied "I am currently contracted to you, so until that changes I can't comment on whether I like the proposition put to me by bird last night". If you further state...."I can't pledge x,y or z and will talk about things again in two days time ..." 

That is reason why McClaren will not be our manager, and is why we have commenced search for possible new manager some weeks ago.

a marriage of convenience exists at Present. ...... But as this has cost us a good chance to enter premier league riches, I am certain our millionaire/billionaire owners will back Sam to hire a new manager 

no surprise that McClaren does nt want to manage Geordies for next three games.

AND no surprise if he then don't get the job,  either way he won't be our manager come august, in fact come June he will be gone 

​if you answered like that, then you're a nob!

I personally would say "I dont know what you're talking about! No bird chatted ME up."

Simple.

I personally would say "I dont know what you're talking about! No bird chatted ME up…. apart from your mum, but if we are being truthful here, I'd rather have your sister again"

Simple.

​Fixed

I personally would say "I dont know what you're talking about! No bird chatted ME up."

Simple.

Do you think McClaren will be our manager next season ? If so be prepared to be disappointed

and....in your analogy McClaren answered as I depicted. You still think he should be our manager ?? He may now turn down a three game "trial". Timing has been his downfall, and fact Carver can't muster a point or two.

mcClaren could have dispelled 100% the rumours by saying he wnted to stay at Derby, he would not consider leaving and he would not be joining Newcastle.

maybe ok to dodge questions to begin with, but once it clearly affected team and squad he should of been clearer. However, as we started to sound out a replacement manager he did not want to rule out Newcastle job.

hope he does nt get Geordie job, and hope he starts his next re-incarnation as a quality coach so,ewhere else next season.

PS ....your above analogy and suggested answer falls down also....players, fans and public all know McClaren turned down Geordies in January.....so if everyone knew you chatted to a bird and turned her down..and you then deny having a conversation,..unlucky you.

He just want's to see what division the're in next season before making up his mind which job he is committed to...LOL

It's a sensible move, granted, but not a good one to enhance his reputation either here or in Newcastle. He was going to have to win a bit of a battle with their fans to start with, not made easier by "I love toon so much I just wanted to be sure you were PL before I came here, I mean if you were relegated I might as well have stayed at Derby!"..winning hearts and minds.

looking for a new job without <sausage>ing off your current job is dangerous and if you are not careful you can end up out on your ear without the new green pastures.

Do you think McClaren will be our manager next season ? If so be prepared to be disappointed

and....in your analogy McClaren answered as I depicted. You still think he should be our manager ?? He may now turn down a three game "trial". Timing has been his downfall, and fact Carver can't muster a point or two.

mcClaren could have dispelled 100% the rumours by saying he wnted to stay at Derby, he would not consider leaving and he would not be joining Newcastle.

maybe ok to dodge questions to begin with, but once it clearly affected team and squad he should of been clearer. However, as we started to sound out a replacement manager he did not want to rule out Newcastle job.

hope he does nt get Geordie job, and hope he starts his next re-incarnation as a quality coach so,ewhere else next season.

PS ....your above analogy and suggested answer falls down also....players, fans and public all know McClaren turned down Geordies in January.....so if everyone knew you chatted to a bird and turned her down..and you then deny having a conversation,..unlucky you.

​Bookmarked.

​you miss my point. His position is almost untenable BECAUSE of the reaction regarding the Newcastle thing. I think McClaren should be here for another season, yes. 

Not sure how McClaren could have dispelled rumours cos muppets still said he was leaving (but guess what, he didn't leave!). At the time, he said he'd heard nothing and was here to stay, and guess what? He stayed. 

As for my analogy, you need to learn to read. I quite clearly stated she spoke to my mate, not me.

Official now:

JOHN Carver will remain in charge of Newcastle United for the remaining three games of the Premier League season.
Derby County head coach Steve McClaren has reportedly turned down the offer to help the Magpies try to secure their top flight status following a run of eight straight defeats.
Now Newcastle have issued a statement to clarify the current situation.
It reads: "Following the result at Leicester City on Saturday, there has been two days of frank dialogue with John Carver and senior players .
"The outcome of those discussions is that the board, John Carver, his staff and players are absolutely focused on our current situation and the three hugely-important fixtures that remain this season, two of which are at St James' Park.
"All parties accept responsibility for the current situation but are determined, together, to ensure this club - your club - retains its Premier League status.
"That is the only focus at this time."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-John-Carver-stay-Newcastle-boss/story-26438487-detail/story.html#ixzz3ZArGcjiv

He just want's to see what division the're in next season before making up his mind which job he is committed to...LOL

It's a sensible move, granted, but not a good one to enhance his reputation either here or in Newcastle. He was going to have to win a bit of a battle with their fans to start with, not made easier by "I love toon so much I just wanted to be sure you were PL before I came here, I mean if you were relegated I might as well have stayed at Derby!"..winning hearts and minds.

looking for a new job without <sausage>ing off your current job is dangerous and if you are not careful you can end up out on your ear without the new green pastures.

​Again... get a grip.

WHO says he's even been given a choice? Where have you read or seen for a fact that Newcastle have ACTUALLY asked him? It's all speculation and you're biting. Shame on you.

​Again... get a grip.

WHO says he's even been given a choice? Where have you read or seen for a fact that Newcastle have ACTUALLY asked him? It's all speculation and you're biting. Shame on you.

Do you really think no contact has been made to McClarens agent from a representative of Newcastle. If so ......that explains your view.

I've got a feeling McClaren will stay. Had he gotten us into the Play Offs and failed once again, then maybe he'd go. However, after finishing 8th in a season now regarded as a failure, you'd have to think he would now be determined to put things right here.

​Again... get a grip.

​Lets be right here, the public statement from Newcastle pretty much proves that someone has knocked them back.

​and blind?

​Shouldn't this be in Transfer Rumours?

Saying that, he's a bit out of our price range.

​Shouldn't this be in Transfer Rumours?

Saying that, he's a bit out of our price range.

Lol brilliant. 

Do you really think no contact has been made to McClarens agent from a representative of Newcastle. If so ......that explains your view.

​Lets be right here, the public statement from Newcastle pretty much proves that someone has knocked them back.

​I never said that (in the last couple of days) someone from Newcastle hasn't thought "Derby's season is over, let's look at McClaren". Personally though, I don't think that they have. There's nothing to suggest McClaren is capable of winning a relegation battle, and I doubt Newcastle would be looking at him as desirable. People here are talking as though it's a fact that McClaren has decided not to get involved just yet, when there's nothing to suggest that has happened.

The other angle, if THEY have approached McClaren in the last few days, you are being harsh in criticising him!

​Bookmarked.

great. Out of interest do you actually think he will be manager next season for us?

based on performances alone he is unlikely tonstay, surely. Two wins in last ten or so games coming against bottom two clubs ....

great. Out of interest do you actually think he will be manager next season for us?

based on performances alone he is unlikely tonstay, surely. Two wins in last ten or so games coming against bottom two clubs ....

​Well, I don't have any 'inside information', so I base my judgement on just 'two wins in 10'. Nigel Clough once went one win in 10, Brian Clough actually once went zero wins in 11, and of course if we ignore the 'worst team in history' season, there are plenty of other losing streaks or non-winning runs to rival that under Peter Taylor, Arthur Cox, Tim Ward and others.

Do I think such a run is enough to cause twitchiness in the boardroom? Normally, no (we are not Forest), but from a position we were in at the start of February, of course. However, Derby had an alarming run of injuries to key personnel and positions. For a club that plays one way and one only, the formation is both a strength and a weakness. No Thorne? No problem - we have Eustace. No Eustace? No problem - we have Mascarell. No Mascarell? Problem.

We tried Hughes (in fact, we tried Hughes there at Blackburn before Mascarell became a fixture as third-choice defensive midfielder - and we only looked more solid when Omar came on for Hughes after Gestede made it 2-3 with a quarter of an hour to go), we tried Hendrick, we tried TWO emergency defensive midfielders at Wolves (we held the ball better but were toothless up front, especially after the ridiculous "disallowed goal, have a free kick Derby, no, I'm not even going to book Batth, let alone give him an early one" howler), but we never came to terms with the absence of the three players who could fill that position. Losing Martin was a massive blow on its own - but without the stability in front of the back four, it became fatal.

I'm not going to howl for McClaren's dismissal, but I didn't howl for Nigel Clough's. I didn't even howl for Docherty's, Phil Brown's or even Paul Jewell's. Billy Davies I would have sacked at Wembley, five minutes after he told the cameras that he "….didn't know if he would be at Derby in August". I like stability - actually I would go much further than 'liking' it - I value it above pretty well all else - and Billy Davies was unstable to the point of being unhinged.

At the end of the day, I'm a supporter of Derby County, not a supporter of Steve McClaren or any other manager, for that matter. I will back him to the hilt until the minute he leaves and a new man walks in, and that goes for anyone (who isn't the wrong side of the nuthouse gates).

Archived