McClaren to leave IMMEDIATELY?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MacClaren to leave Tuesday and join Newcastle then get them relegated before coming to the ipro first game of next season and losing to Derby's new team with Rossler in charge.

"I'm......really determined to do something about it,"McLaren told Sky Sports News.

"I'm not making a pledge, this is how I feel at the present moment. I'm under contract at Derby and I've said that all along. I've been questioned about all the speculation which has been going on for about six months.

He seems to talk in riddles.....at the present moment.

​Perhaps he's done a deal with Sam to publicly imply he's here to stay in order to ensure we get the max in compensation from the Toon?  If so, he's at least trying to leave with some financially-driven dignity. 

His interview keeps the Newcastle door ajar for him which is telling his reluctance to firmly say no is an insult to our club,stay or go I'm not bothered 2 failed play off attempts is hardly top manager material,Sam rush earn your money now big call on clough now big call on McLaren

​Perhaps he's done a deal with Sam to publicly imply he's here to stay in order to ensure we get the max in compensation from the Toon?  If so, he's at least trying to leave with some financially-driven dignity. 

Because dignity is at its best when financially-driven, don't you think?

Shows Newcastles true ambitions when they want a manager who has failed 2 seasons in a row and is managing a team that just finished 8th after being league favourites.

Not moaning about McClaren, I like him, but Newcastle should be aiming for better than that!

His interview keeps the Newcastle door ajar for him which is telling his reluctance to firmly say no is an insult to our club,stay or go I'm not bothered 2 failed play off attempts is hardly top manager material,Sam rush earn your money now big call on clough now big call on McLaren

Thats a good point.

we have massive job on to rebuild this team and its confidence, and to restore the faith of the fans. 

It could be a big summer and we need a manager who is absolutely committed to that task from day 1.

if i was sam i'd pick up the phone to mike ashley and ask him what is going on. Carver is a lame duck so if newcastle want him then lets resolve this now. Otherwise fook off. After that we should decide what we want to do and start making the big decisions. 

MacClaren to leave Tuesday and join Newcastle then get them relegated before coming to the ipro first game of next season and losing to Derby's new team with Rossler in charge.

Rosler would be my choice too I said in the Laudrup thread last month he talked like a DCFC manager in waiting when he was a Sky guest at the Watford game so would be no surprise to see movement very soon after the nonsense from SM on Radio Derby after the game yesterday 

In the highly unlikely event Steve wants to go, then instead of the £2m comp based on his contract, we should insist on at least £10m if he keeps them up (as it's clearly worth a lot more than that to Newcastle).

This can easily be done based on notice periods, when they would want him to start immediately. If they won't play ball, they can sod off. In this negotiation we hold all the cards.

In the highly unlikely event Steve wants to go, then instead of the £2m comp based on his contract, we should insist on at least £10m if he keeps them up (as it's clearly worth a lot more than that to Newcastle).

This can easily be done based on notice periods, when they would want him to start immediately. If they won't play ball, they can sod off. In this negotiation we hold all the cards.

Ordepends......I personally think a Derby want rid...and Ashley will be well aware of that. Throw in fact McClaren is hardly going to fancy three games on a hiding to nothing.....

if we wish to sack McClaren, then we hold no aces. 

With little time to decide either way......we will know shortly I imagine 

Plenty of glib radio waffle from Tyneside media commentators on Radio 5 Live this afternoon, with them urging Ashley to ditch Carver and get on with bringing in McClaren immediately.

There seems to be the assumption that Toon is there to be satisfied & sorted right now, with a disregard of Derby, their fans, and the actual wishes of the club and Steve himself (second-guessing those is such a vapid pastime!)

I do hope Toon go down whatever happens (The Foxes have shown real fight and could well escape the drop) and I would hate it if Mac went and we got a failure like Rosler in.

​Not sure about that-it's a bit similar to players.What use to us would an unhappy manager be?

Archived