The squad - who stays, who goes?

Kernow

Given the fact we'll be in the championship again, who would you be happy shipping out for new faces to come in?

Ince, Bent, Lingard Mascarell will be gone.

I'd be happy with a new keeper. Grant has been ok, nothing more than that. Crucial mistakes at crucial times.

From the defence I'd be happy for Christie, Keogh Buxton & Forsyth to stay. Christie is young should hopefully improve. I wouldn't be fussed about losing Shotton, Albentosa, Warnock. Either way we need in my opinion TWO first team defenders. Preferably a leader.

We need a holding midfielder like Eustace. Hopefully have an injury free Thorne and if a big offer came in for Hughes, as good as he's been I'd use the money to strengthen the squad. We need a hold up striker AND a smaller striker for that allusive plan B.

Base squad for 2015/16: Roos, Christie, Keogh, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes (depending on bids), Hendrick, Russell, Martin. The rest I wouldn't be devastated if they left. Younger players have potential to step up too. Hanson, Rawson, Koblenz, Bunjaku, Thomas, Calero etc.

I want our manager and club to say what's happening asap. The sooner we know for definite what's going on the better.

Note: I'm pretty pissed off, this could change in a few hours.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the fact we'll be in the championship again, who would you be happy shipping out for new faces to come in?

Ince, Bent, Lingard Mascarell will be gone.

I'd be happy with a new keeper. Grant has been ok, nothing more than that. Crucial mistakes at crucial times.

From the defence I'd be happy for Christie, Keogh Buxton & Forsyth to stay. Christie is young should hopefully improve. I wouldn't be fussed about losing Shotton, Albentosa, Warnock. Either way we need in my opinion TWO first team defenders. Preferably a leader.

We need a holding midfielder like Eustace. Hopefully have an injury free Thorne and if a big offer came in for Hughes, as good as he's been I'd use the money to strengthen the squad. We need a hold up striker AND a smaller striker for that allusive plan B.

Base squad for 2015/16: Roos, Christie, Keogh, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes (depending on bids), Hendrick, Russell, Martin. The rest I wouldn't be devastated if they left. Younger players have potential to step up too. Hanson, Rawson, Koblenz, Bunjaku, Thomas, Calero etc.

I want our manager and club to say what's happening asap. The sooner we know for definite what's going on the better.

Note: I'm pretty pissed off, this could change in a few hours.

​Interesting, I think my core would be similar, although I would swap Keogh for Albentosa, as I believe we could get more money for Keogh, and he needs to go if we're having an overhaul. I also can't see anyone going for Shotton. Maybe Christie has to go - we could get good money for him.

Personally, I'd like a first-team squad looking something like this:

Grant
Roos

Forsyth
Warnock
Christie
New RB (Wisdom, ideally)

Albentosa
Rawson
Buxton
New left-footed centre half

Thorne
Hanson

Hughes (unless we get a big offer)
Hendrick
Dawkins
New CM

Ward
Russell
Ince (ideally)
New winger (Bennett? Calero?)

Martin
New ST

With the first-team looking something like

Grant

Wisdom  Albentosa  New CB  Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick  Hughes

Russell  Martin  Ince

Bench of Roos, Shotton, Buxton, Hanson, Dawkins, Ward, New ST.

If Forsyth is still at the club next season I will be disappointed 

I can't understand this at all. The guy has been our best left back in years, a few bad games this season and suddenly people don't want to see him in a Derby shirt ever again? I can't imagine we'd improve at LB without spending a significant amount.

Whilst people won't want to hear this Ince has been a massive part of our decline

He doesn't play to our system or hold the teams shape. Signing him would be the biggest mistake we could make.

Look at why Bournemouth, Brentford have been successful this season & why we were last season. No prima donnas, hungry & hard working players who work hard for the cause.

McClaren has been lazy & signing players like Ince, Lingard & Bent has just been papering over the cracks & his own deficiencies. We need a hungry manager & hungry disciplined players who will fight for the cause

some people want complete overhauls, i don't think that's necessary

Hughes will go, Ince/Bent wont be able to stay now

we dont need that many new additions, its mostly mentality of the players and lack of interest in the games thats the problem, last season proved that.

what we need (imo):

- New solid RB (wisdom), not only shores up our defence, but will allow forsyth to get back to his attacking marauding best

- a replacement for Hughes, a footballer with a brain, although saying that, dawkins could probably do the job and save us a few bob for other players

- backup for martin and a backup for thorne

- new winger to replace ince, would love if we could keep him, but extremely doubt we will now

my strongest team sheet for next season:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh/Albentosa Buxton Forsyth

Thorne

New CM Hendrick

New RW Martin Russell

Whilst people won't want to hear this Ince has been a massive part of our decline

He doesn't play to our system or hold the teams shape. Signing him would be the biggest mistake we could make.

Look at why Bournemouth, Brentford have been successful this season & why we were last season. No prima donnas, hungry & hard working players who work hard for the cause.

McClaren has been lazy & signing players like Ince, Lingard & Bent has just been papering over the cracks & his own deficiencies. We need a hungry manager & hungry disciplined players who will fight for the cause

​sorry but ive got to disagree

Bent/Ince have contributed more to our cause since they've came in than the majority of our squad put together, bryson, hencrick, shotton, christie, Albentosa, Warnock, lingard, ward, dawkins (last 3 due to lack play time)

Bent doesnt fit our system much, but to say hes a prima donna not playing for the team is a load of rubbish, what has he got? 12 goals in half a season not even playing in our system most effectively? not even playing every game, real lack of effort from him

but to say ince doesnt fit our system or doesnt contribute i have to disagree, you didnt watch him at forest, at hull, hes garbage in their system, but shines in ours, surely that means he fits our system, and unless youve been watching with a blindfold its pretty hard to notice him not tracking back and defending, you know that penalty he gave away against bimrmingham, couldnt have done that if he wasnt trying to be doing his defensive duties stuck over the half way line

If we didn't have ince or bent we'd be stuck in midtable, they've carried us for a good third of the season

My squad in terms of who should stay and where I think we need a new player:

Goalkeepers:

New Goalkeeper, Grant, Roos, Mitchell, Morch,

Right Backs:

New Right Back, Christie, Ssewankombe (I know thats not spelt right)

Centre Backs:

2 New centre backs, Buxton, Albentosa, Rawson, Hanson,

Left backs:

Forsyth, Warnock, Lowe

Central Midfielders:

New holding midfielder, New creative midfielder, New attacking midfielder, Thorne, Hughes (Unless big bid comes in) Hendrick, Koblenz, Guy, Dawkins

Wingers,

2 new wingers, Russell, Calero

Strikers,

Two new strikers, Martin, Bennett, Thomas

So ideally for me i'm looking at about 10 players coming in maybe a little too many to be honest but definitely need major surgery.

Departures

So the likes of, Shotton, Keogh, O brien, whitbread, naylor tom and lee, bryson, sammon, ward can all go plus all the loans will go back.  

I couldn't possibly tell you who I want those 10 players to be except I know I want Wisdom at right back and rohan ince as a holding midfielder

If any offers came in for the following i would accept without hesitation, if not i would look to offload 

Christie - went from a world beater to a Sunday league player, although that is harsh on Sunday League Players!

Hendrick - should be a magician, has a wonderful knack of disappearing on command! 

Forsyth - Cant pass a ball 5 yards, the lad is a professional footballer and he cant pass to someone wearing the same colour shirt as him 5 yards away 

Keogh - Never a leader or a captain in a million years, time to get over him, removing him and appointing a new captain will be the start of resolving our back 4 issues 

Shotton - Just . . . Ugh 

Bryson - did he even play this season? i cant remember anything he did all season? all i seem to remember is him ambling about looking sorry for himself on Player vines as they arrived at the stadiums 

Archived