The official Player of the year voting

davenportram

Who gets your vote  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, great. Another Mascarell thread.

The boy did a lot more for our promotion push than Hendrick and Bryson that's without question. 

​I never said he didn't, but no way is he player of the year. And I'd still prefer Eustace over him in the side.

​I never said he didn't, but no way is he player of the year. And I'd still prefer Eustace over him in the side.

He's not player of the year for everybody else but me but he's my player of the year so I voted for him .

He came from Spain with a thankless task but did ok for me  and his efforts were undervalued but not by Steve McClaren I hasten to add  .

So tough between Hughes and Martin. Both key to how we play. Both incredibly consistent. Both excellent footballers.

Hughes is the better player, but Martin is the key player and it would be a travesty if he left Derby with no award to show for it. He was still underrated early this season, but there's absolutely no mistake about it now.

Hughes has won awards. He must know he's much better than everyone else and there's plenty more waiting for him later on in his career, And he clearly has the mentality to know that and not be a **** about it and that's one of the many reasons why he's destined for the top.

Just has to be Martin for me. When I look back at this season in the future, he'll be the first player I think of. I'll think about the times he carried us, just how much everything clicked into place when he was on his game, and how dearly we missed him when he was injured.

And how ***** that chant is. "Come on Chrissy Martin, score some goals to Derby". Doesn't even rhyme lads.

Martin all day for me.

His absence says just as much as his contributions as to why he's our most important player and deserves to be POTY.

Get Ince in and the trophy is his to take next year. Cracking player who has essentially carried us to the stage of needed only a point at most to make the play-offs. However a player who is actually ours and has been here the entire season deserves the award.

Martin should have won it last season when he was the best player by miles.

Ironic that not playing has helped him get votes for best player.

Should be Hughes imo. Martin been injured a bit too much. 

Good! 

Really wish Martin won it last season. His record at Derby is really good never mind the all that he gives us besides goals. Be crazy for him to not have a personal reward.

He was so good last season. Really can't believe he didn't win it. 

But Hughes was the right man for this season. If not Hughes I think I'd pick Ince. Been here half the season but if our season goes beyond today then I think it's a huge thanks to him. Think he's been a great loan. 

Better loan than Osman? 

Voted for Hughes, very happy to see him win it. He just keeps improving and improving. There's nowhere he can't go if he plays his cards right with his career and looks after himself. Special talent. He was too good for this league last year and he's only gotten better since.

I must admit i voted for Martin purely because young William has already won an award the other night and i thought Martin deserved one, consistently scoring vital goals for us for the last two seasons. 

Delighted for Will though, he's found the most important thing to his game this season, consistency. He's been the leading light in the midfield. All he needs to add now are goals to his game and there is nowhere his career cant take him 

Archived