What's gone wrong in three letters...

unclej

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My summary extended to just three letters. I didn't mean for yours to do so as well...:lol:

His job was to bring down the ball,  beat his player, often two, sometimes three, and put in a meaningful pass. He did that time and again and worried every left back he played against.   That is what we miss and it has proved to be crucial.

​That's not rotation, that is not playing players because they are injured...there is a difference

​Then there's no issue because our bad run of form only started when these crucial injuries occured. We were sitting pretty at the top of the league previously.

The reason we still no longer look settled is due to the new system more than anything. Still due to injuries, we have had to adapt our system of play and the players still seem to be struggling with the system.

McClaren's rotation of the squad has been forced more than anything because certain players have underperformed in certain roles and therefore have to be dropped...

I've only just seen this, but not sure I agree - as much as I liked Ibe. 

He would have been awful when the injuries hit and we had our backs against the wall. He needs people to give him the ball and he needs the patience from the fans when he losses it. 

In Ince, we got a much better deal. Ince has already outscored what Ibe and has put in far more of a shift for the team and the cause. 

I liked Ibe but I'd hate to think what would have been if he had stayed and the form went as wayward as it did. 

Archived