What's gone wrong in three letters...

unclej

Didn't think Ibe was any better or worse than Russell, Ward, Dawkins or Ince.

Got a couple of goals but didn't really do much in general play. If he'd come from Preston North End and wasn't the latest in a long line of hyped up English wingers then he'd already be forgotten.

He was a solid loan but I was hardly gutted when he went back.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Then there's no issue because our bad run of form only started when these crucial injuries occured. We were sitting pretty at the top of the league previously.

The reason we still no longer look settled is due to the new system more than anything. Still due to injuries, we have had to adapt our system of play and the players still seem to be struggling with the system.

McClaren's rotation of the squad has been forced more than anything because certain players have underperformed in certain roles and therefore have to be dropped...

​All a matter of opinion.

I think we look unsettled because Mac seems to have no idea who he wants playing where in the back 4.

Was Hendrick moved from right back because he did not play well...no, ditto Keogh. Albentosa is more in and out than the okey cokey.

Going into the play offs I would expect more of a settled team.

Incidentally the only area where I think squad rotation has cost us is defence where we have had very few injuries.

PistoldPete2

Might have cost us the forest game but since then ince has come in and provided more end product than Ibe ever did. 

PistoldPete2

​All a matter of opinion.

I think we look unsettled because Mac seems to have no idea who he wants playing where in the back 4.

Was Hendrick moved from right back because he did not play well...no, ditto Keogh. Albentosa is more in and out than the okey cokey.

Going into the play offs I would expect more of a settled team.

Incidentally the only area where I think squad rotation has cost us is defence where we have had very few injuries.

Very few injuries in defence except for Bucko barker whitbread and shotton. Albentosa has come in for bucko when he was injured now out because whitbread is fit again. But yes back 4 is a problem mainly cos the full backs are poor defensively. Mac certainly isn't blameless brought in christie Shotton albentosa and warnock but still defence ain't good enough.

Very few injuries in defence except for Bucko barker whitbread and shotton. Albentosa has come in for bucko when he was injured now out because whitbread is fit again. But yes back 4 is a problem mainly cos the full backs are poor defensively. Mac certainly isn't blameless brought in christie Shotton albentosa and warnock but still defence ain't good enough.

​Barker and Whitbread have hardly been available since McClaren has been here, so their injuries have hardly been a factor. Shotton has not been injured for any great length of time to my knowledge. The Buxton injury has played a part but many on here were saying that Albentosa would replace him at the first given chance anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I note that Leroy Rosenior on The Championship, when asked by Manish what had gone wrong with Derby, identified IBE as a massive set back and a difficult one to overcome. 

I can't accept that our season was dependent upon the availability or recall of an 18 year old loan player.

The team benefited hugely from the option IBE was able to give. He was used continually throughout games as a wide outlet and a player who loved to run at defenses. He was recalled the week before we replaced his playing style and thrashed Forest at home, Saturday Jan 17th 2015.  That was certainly an afternoon when we were found out/worked out in full view of everyone.

Archived