Derby search for McClaren replacement..

​At the time we played Wolves at Ipro they were on a very good run and had been above us in the table.

To beat a promotion rival 5-0 is a hammering. Just because they had some possession  doesn't mean it wasn't a hammering. Only a dead, relegated team  might lay down and let us hammer them in the sense you speak of. You won't get a decent team laying down to be hammered. What is the point of what you say ? Are you trying to say we didn't play very well that day. Wolves fans I know certainly viewed it as a hammering.

Its not unusual in any of the top leagues for a team that scores a load in the first half for them to relax in the second. Happens all the time and not just with Derby. 

​Not really sure what the form has to do with much. Yes, the 5-0 scoreline is a 'hammering' but it certainly flattered us. We weren't five goals better off - we practically scored with every shot on target.

I actually don't think we played that well that day. Yes we played well, but I thought we played far better against a number of teams last season - Watford at home for instance.

You look at Bournemouth this season and they have hammered teams. Regularly creating far more chances than us, regularly having over 20 shots a game. Against Brum at the weekend they had almost double the shots we had vs Wolves.

I also understand some teams ease off when cruising, but we're not in a position to do that. We're not Chelsea playing against teams like Stoke or Burnley - the gap between us and fellow Championship teams isn't that big.

We've been far too controlling this season and it has cost us a number of points. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all cobblers. Why does every derby fan say they are convinced he is going. When Mcclaren said himself he has no idea where the rumours come from.

as for asking Dyche to comment on interest from derby.

again it's pointless.

derby aren't even going to approach Burnley or or any other club until Mcclaren resigns. Which he hasn't done.

This is all cobblers. Why does every derby fan say they are convinced he is going. When Mcclaren said himself he has no idea where the rumours come from.

as for asking Dyche to comment on interest from derby.

again it's pointless.

derby aren't even going to approach Burnley or or any other club until Mcclaren resigns. Which he hasn't done.

It's funny though. 

Show people 2 half full glasses. Then tell them that you brought one for them and suddenly the glasses are half empty. If you keep them though then they gaze enviously upon your half full glasses.

Warburton... no clout would be gone in 10 months. McClaren to stay and build, he still has the clout and pull through to bring in the right players. Thorne was a massive loss for us we would be 12-15 points better off, and lets not forgetting we played Bournemouth off the park at their place and most other teams..

Warburton... no clout would be gone in 10 months. McClaren to stay and build, he still has the clout and pull through to bring in the right players. Thorne was a massive loss for us we would be 12-15 points better off, and lets not forgetting we played Bournemouth off the park at their place and most other teams..

Just don't feel confident Steve and co will be able to resist the pull of Newcastle. 

I hope they do stay and build on what we have just can't see it TBH

Just don't feel confident Steve and co will be able to resist the pull of Newcastle. 

​The pull of Newcastle, what pull apart from mad fans that will slag him off asap. I think he will stay as all the while we don't go up his reputation won't bring strong enough for a higher role. We will go up not sure if it's this year. But their will be quite a few players moving around. But for some reason our players look weary, maybe the expectation has had it's toll.

​Bullsh*t. We haven't played anyone off the park in a long time.

Warburton has taken a league one side to the playoffs, whilst playing attacking, exciting football - we don't even have style anymore.

Whilst Thorne and Martin were big losses, if your entire team is based around two players, somebody isn't doing their job right. Our squad is deep enough in quality that we should have been ok. It's not like Connor Sammon is on the bench. 

I hope McClaren stays, learns from the mistakes of this season and builds on what we have here. That being said, Warburton would undeniably be a good appointment. On some level, change is needed because we're sure as hell not going to go up playing like we did today. 

​The pull of Newcastle, what pull apart from mad fans that will slag him off asap. I think he will stay as all the while we don't go up his reputation won't bring strong enough for a higher role. We will go up not sure if it's this year. But their will be quite a few players moving around. But for some reason our players look weary, maybe the expectation has had it's toll.

Although I've loved Mac all through the last 1.5 years, I'm not annoyed or disappointed by the last few games - just confused.

Bringing on Dawkins today was always going to be a negative change.

Bringing on Whitbread at the end instead of an offensive player, eg. Ward?

Playing 2 up front against a team who will look to dominate the midfield?

Not saying you can ignore injuries but he must do the basics right, surely?

Also, his expression after the final whistle and reaction to fans' reaction, etc. showed his confusion over fans' disappointment. I hope he knows regardless of the point that that performance is NEVER acceptable in a Derby shirt.

Either way, I will still support him but believe he needs a solid plan B with 2 up front, to be used appropriately, which will probably be worked on over the summer, whichever league he's in and whichever club he's at.

​Whichever league we are in there has to be some rebuilding of the team. Personally, and based on their record to date, I wouldn't want McClaren, Simpson or Evans anywhere near that task. McClaren is obviously a decent coach because people he has worked with say that. He is certainly no master tactician and the standard of his recruitments for the team are way below average. 

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-midfielder-Jeff-Hendrick-sent/story-26317902-detail/story.html

Said he should have been sent off and that it was a shocking challenge. Hardly a good idea to make comments about players you've got one eye on managing next year...

​Hardly. Jose Mourinho slagged off Fabregas on a number of occasions and then went a bought him. Also pretty sure Billy Davies hated Earnshaw at Derby, soon changed when he went to Forest.

He's only talking aout the game, and single football matches bring out nasty streaks in everyone.

Archived