Game of Thrones Season 5

AndyinLiverpool

So the last episode has pretty much covered everything in the books. Can't think of much else that's missing. What's next season going to be? 

Have you read the books? They could fill another season or two with all the stuff and plot lines they've missed out. 

Or have I completely missed your irony? Your username is a pretty big clue to a missing plot. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you read the books? They could fill another season or two with all the stuff and plot lines they've missed out. 

Or have I completely missed your irony? Your username is a pretty big clue to a missing plot. 

You must be hungry, here have a Snickers...

You must be hungry, here have a Snickers...

Don't like peanuts. But thanks anyway. 

There's been casting calls for next season, which give a clue to the plots. A casting call for a 'pirate' is quite interesting, and the Tarly's (sam's dad and brother). And a boy who could play a young king Robert makes it seem we could be dipping into flash back territory. And they're doing location scouting for Old Town. Can't wait.  

Overall the "season" to be all American felt quite weak, but it was a simply stunning final episode ("finale") to make up for it. Not giving any spoilers just yet, but oh my word as the blood oozed out at the end and the credits began to roll. Just wow...

Overall the "season" to be all American felt quite weak, but it was a simply stunning final episode ("finale") to make up for it. Not giving any spoilers just yet, but oh my word as the blood oozed out at the end and the credits began to roll. Just wow...

I wouldn't worry about giving spoilers. There are enough of them in this thread.

GOT keeps up its habit of killing off the characters it has so painstakingly built up over the whole series. 

What a poor way to die for such a warrior and to think it was a child to whom he had taken under his wing who took his last breath.

I wouldn't worry about giving spoilers. There are enough of them in this thread.

GOT keeps up its habit of killing off the characters it has so painstakingly built up over the whole series. 

What a poor way to die for such a warrior and to think it was a child to whom he had taken under his wing who took his last breath.

***Spoiler Alert***

​We don't know for sure he's dead yet...

He's in a sorry state but not dead yet. With Melisandre's return to Castle Black and the healing powers that the Lord of the Light possesses, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the last we hear of Jon Snow!

Pure speculation though      :lol:

***Spoiler Alert***

He's in a sorry state but not dead yet. With Melisandre's return to Castle Black and the healing powers that the Lord of the Light possesses, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not the last we hear of Jon Snow!

That's it, keep your chin up. Ned'll be back soon too. 

That's it, keep your chin up. Ned'll be back soon too. 

​Haha it probably is false optimism on my part I must admit.

The more I think about it, the less likely it sounds, especially as Kit Harrington has come out and said he's not returning to the series...

The more I think about it, the less likely it sounds, especially as Kit Harrington has come out and said he's not returning to the series...

Maybe he'll warg into ghost, then they don't need Kit Harrington.

Or maybe Kit's a big liar.

Or maybe all men must die. 

Or maybe those that are dead can never die. 

***Spoiler Alert***

​Whose to say that Stannis is dead for that matter.

I found it strange that it decided not to show that.

***Spoiler Alert***

​**Another semi spoiler***

To add a bit more to this theory ( and another) watch "r + l = j" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHqzFwodZqQ) which gives the theory that John Snow is not the ******* son of Ned Stark. But is actually the child of Ned's sister Lanna and Rhaegar Targaryen.

Which makes him a ******* heir to the throne.

Melisandre, keeps going on about the importance of kings blood. Of which, there's plenty on the floor of Castle black.

​His hair is still long. His IMDB shows no upcoming projects. He is in no way dead. If he is then he needs to find himself a new agent. 

i thought the last episode was pretty exciting but at the same time, didn't feel like the end of a season if you know what I mean. It's a long wait for the next episode!

​It was. But that was two episodes in one. I wish that HBO would increase the damn budget. What a load of **** the battle was. 

​It was. But that was two episodes in one. I wish that HBO would increase the damn budget. What a load of **** the battle was.

​Do you have any idea how much it costs to film 10 hrs of television in four different countries, with over 160 speaking roles and 5000 extras???  $100m per season...  And that's still low for what they accomplish

Besides, we didn't need to see the battle, we just need to see that Stanis had his ass handed to him and he had nothing left to fight for.  He was a broken man...

***Spoiler Alert***

​Me and my friend at work said that also. Why else would they show her being there.

​Whose to say that Stannis is dead for that matter.

I found it strange that it decided not to show that.

​Same here I don't think he's dead due to the scene not being shown.

P.S. What happened to the lad last season who went into the tree etc? Guess they will be in next seasons.

​Do you have any idea how much it costs to film 10 hrs of television in four different countries, with over 160 speaking roles and 5000 extras???  $100m per season...  And that's still low for what they accomplish

Besides, we didn't need to see the battle, we just need to see that Stanis had his ass handed to him and he had nothing left to fight for.  He was a broken man...

That battle was a real surprise in a show full of them. I've not read the most recent book yet, but I do go out of my way to seek out spoilers. I didn't know anything about that battle though, and expected it to be a massive part of the episode, like they've like in the past with black water. 

When Stannis's army deserted him, I was thinking 'it's alright, something magical will happen to help him out, Mel must be going to get some sort of magical help'. Not that I'm particularly rooting for him after Shireen, but I wanted to see a decent fight. 

When nothing happened to save him, and his army was just destroyed so unceremoniously it didn't even warrant screen time, that was really shocking, and I enjoyed that. 

Also, the scene with Cersei, I found that quite fascinating. At first for obvious reasons, then for other reasons. 

May first I thought, 'ay up, it's been a while since we've had some decent nudity'. Then I thought, 'alright lads, you've lingered on this a bit much now, you'll get accused of being gratuitous. You gave no screen time to a battle, but forever on a naked woman walking through some streets (not that I mind)'. 

Then I thought, 'okay, I mind now, I think Cersei is a proper bitch, but I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her now and this is getting harder to watch'.

Then she got back and I actually felt quite pleased for her. 

But then she was being carried off by Ser Gregorstein, and she had that little smile. And she was clearly thinking of all the horrible vengeance she's going to exact with this new toy. And I hated her again. 

It was a really interesting scene. Bravo I say. 

​Yes. I am fully aware what the costs are. But the global audience for this show is massive. A budget increase is affordable. It is clear to anyone who watches closely that they have to cut things back throughout each season because of the limited budget. It ends up spoiling the show. 

Archived