Game of Thrones Season 5

AndyinLiverpool

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in what day? 

​To be fair, far worse atrocities have occurred throughout history...

Religious fanatics have done similar things to Stanis, so while painful to watch, it reflects the brutal nature of human history.

That episode was purely about shock and awe and it worked ridiculously well in terms of production, I was left almost speechless at the end.

​To be fair, far worse atrocities have occurred throughout history...

Religious fanatics have done similar things to Stanis, so while painful to watch, it reflects the brutal nature of human history.

That episode was purely about shock and awe and it worked ridiculously well in terms of production, I was left almost speechless at the end.

​Fair enough. I just don't want my entertainment to reflect the brutal nature of human history. I just want it to entertain me.

​Fair enough. I just don't want my entertainment to reflect the brutal nature of human history. I just want it to entertain me.

This series, the brutality has been stepped up a notch. Despite not showing very much, I found Sansa's rape scene to be more disturbing, I could barely watch that, often not showing something is far more gruesome than showing it...

I'm fine with blood and guts but even I must admit that some scenes in this series have been tough to watch. It's not for everyone and I can understand why it's putting some people off to be fair, it's very disturbing at times.

This series, the brutality has been stepped up a notch. Despite not showing very much, I found Sansa's rape scene to be more disturbing, I could barely watch that, often not showing something is far more gruesome than showing it...

I'm fine with blood and guts but even I must admit that some scenes in this series have been tough to watch. It's not for everyone and I can understand why it's putting some people off to be fair, it's very disturbing at times.

​The rape scene was another totally unnecessary scene. It achieved nothing. What did we learn? That Sansa is in a vulnerable position and the Boulton bloke is horrible. You'd have to be a moron not to have realised that a long time before that.

To be fair they don't show anything really with them scenes all you can do is hear what's happening. They could be playing dungeons and dragons or something for all we know (Obviously not but u get my point).

The scenes are there to shock you and they're clearly doing there job. Stannis and Shireen looks to be serving a number of different purposes, might alienate some of his troops, certainly going to piss of Davos but most importantly of all it fixes his character. Everyone was getting too attached to "Stannis The Mannis" they all liked him too much, he isnt supposed to be  a likeable man. He is a cruel cold man that will do anything to take his seat on the iron throne, he proves this by sacrificing his own daughter.

​The rape scene was another totally unnecessary scene. It achieved nothing. What did we learn? That Sansa is in a vulnerable position and the Boulton bloke is horrible. You'd have to be a moron not to have realised that a long time before that.

​Like I said, it's all about shocking the viewer.

While it may seem unnecessary, that scene demonstrated very viscerally just how sadistic Ramsey is, hence exaggerating the intensity of hatred the viewer feels for the character.

​Like I said, it's all about shocking the viewer.

While it may seem unnecessary, that scene demonstrated very viscerally just how sadistic Ramsey is, hence exaggerating the intensity of hatred the viewer feels for the character.

I agree in part although I consider all the scenes necessary.

These scenes make the series the most talked about and the most highly rated drama ever made.

I like the character Ramsey just like I like the character Stannis. I enjoyed the rape scene because Sansa is weak and I enjoyed the Stannis burning of his daughter scene...so much so that I watched it again straight after I had just finished watching it.

If folks don't like it, then turn over or turn off.

The more sadistic, the nastier and the more brutal the better.

These scenes make the series the most talked about and the most highly rated drama ever made.

I like the character Ramsey just like I like the character Stannis. I enjoyed the rape scene because Sansa is weak and I enjoyed the Stannis burning of his daughter scene...so much so that I watched it again straight after I had just finished watching it.

Wow, you're not supposed to enjoy and savour those scenes, you weirdo. Watched it again!

You're supposed to be looking in horror at what a monster Stannis has become in the interest of doing what he considers to be his duty. Enjoyed it!

"Enjoyed the rape scene". Wow.

​I think this one sentence is a feminist's worst nightmare...    :lol:

​According to?

​Mad Men, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire are all better for me. 

It just sounded like it was being portrayed as a fact rather than an opinion.

​ Purely subjective but I prefer GoT to any of those.

I'm also particularly enjoying The Walking Dead which I'm catching up on at the minute.

Archived