Game of Thrones Season 5

AndyinLiverpool

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only do thru have to wrap things up, they need to tease the next season. 

The next episode is called 'Mothers Mercy'. Rumours abound that could mean the return of a mother. 

Next season it's been all but confirmed we go back to the greyjoys, and to old town. So that has to be teased, or those plots kicked off. 

Nothing for it, they'll have to do a six hour season finale. I'll get the popcorn. 

Just going back to what Andy said about some unnecessary scenes. 

Have to say that Stannis burning his daughter was needed for me. I didn't really have a strong opinion on him. Now I think it's hard not to. He's sort of arrived now. For a while he's just been wandering around Westeros being angry. 

Didn't really like the rape scene. I guess though they really want it set up so when Ramsey (hopefully) gets what is coming it will be oh so satisfying. 

Really loved the last episode. 

I'm still haunted by the horrible head crushing scene at Tyrion's trial. Still. That scene was sickening. 

Remember the baby killing scene? That was too much for me. Back when they were killing or trying to kill all Roberts ******* sons? Any more of that and I think I'd stop watching. 

Hope you stick with it though Andy. 

Oh, all the fuss about the unsullied. Every time they're needed, useless!! 

The best thing about the rape scene was making Theon watch. The rape scene itself was neither here not there. Women in those days were second class citizens to do with as the man pleased. 

Making the man who you thought had murdered your own family watch you being raped. Now that is sickly amusing and quite brilliant.

Not only do thru have to wrap things up, they need to tease the next season. 

The next episode is called 'Mothers Mercy'. Rumours abound that could mean the return of a mother. 

Next season it's been all but confirmed we go back to the greyjoys, and to old town. So that has to be teased, or those plots kicked off. 

Nothing for it, they'll have to do a six hour season finale. I'll get the popcorn. 

​It will be about Cersei from what I've heard. I won't give too much away. but it involves a lot of humiliation.

The best thing about the rape scene was making Theon watch. The rape scene itself was neither here not there. Women in those days were second class citizens to do with as the man pleased. 

Making the man who you thought had murdered your own family watch you being raped. Now that is sickly amusing and quite brilliant.

​Fair point, badly put.

I wouldn't say I watched on in amusement, perhaps in fascination.

There is something compelling about the way in which Ramsey tortures people. He's not just a mad dog, like a Gregor Clegane. He gets you physchomogically as well as physically. He knows exactly what he's doing, and exactly what effect it'll be having. The way he's reprogrammed Theon is testament to that. He's the ultimate dominatrix. I wouldn't say it's something to be admired, but as torture- goes (not snuff movies, I mean films like Hostel or a lot of Quentin Tarratino's back catalogue, or Hannibal Lecter films), it's quite fascinating. He's a sick little weirdo, but he's incredibly smart and tactical with it.

As for Sansa's rape. It shouldn't really be that shocking at all. It was inevitable from the moment she was betrothed. Be shocked by the betrothal and the wedding, if you're shocked by the fact that Ramsey would want to have sex with his new wife, consensual or not, then you're just naive. If she wasn't raped by Ramsey, she would have been raped by Joffrey, and was lucky not to be raped by Tyrion. It's the way of this particular world, and our world back in the day. A husband wouldn't need to ask permission. Clearly that's wrong nowadays, and always has been wrong, but back then, it wouldn't even be considered rape, just something that women had to deal with. What's interesting is how Sansa deals with it. It probably would have broken the girl we met in season one, but it's not broken this Sansa. And I dearly hope it makes Ramsey's commence all the sweeter.

​It will be about Cersei from what I've heard. I won't give too much away. but it involves a lot of humiliation.

​You're probably right, but the title often refers to an overarching theme in several plot lines. They're not daft these writers.

​Definitely, the " mother of dragons" and possibly Olenna getting her daughter out of High sparrow jail

Must also be something to do with the Mother (in the religious sense). They often refer to the Mother's Mercy, those zealots. 

But there is one particular character who is famed for her lack of mercy. I'm very excited, but I fear I'll be disappointed in that front. 

Archived