Game of Thrones Season 5

AndyinLiverpool

The theories are great especially around Jon Snow, we might see him disappear for a season. Maybe the red woman can revive him but needs to take him somewhere specific? So they haul his body off north of the wall or something. This does pave the way for the white walkers to march south though, none of the others at the wall really take the WW thing seriously so the wall may come crumbling down.

Theories around Jaquen H'ghar are interesting as well, he couldnt kill the mountain in 1v1 combat hes an assassin! But a good theory is about how he first ran into Arya, he was a prisoner in the red keep being taken north to the wall. How does a faceless man get caught? He was actually Syrio Forel, he wasnt killed by Meryn Fookin Trant but actually captured. Which make him some super forward planning guy who was already training her.

Other options for killing the mountain - Ser Robert Strong, Drogo, King Rob in his younger days, Syrio Forel and Ser Arthur Dayne who was at the Tower Of Joy and doesnt feature in the show.

They say that the prophecies evolve around three dragon heads.

I think Bran has a big part to play, afterall in the tree that old man said he would never walk about but he'd fly. He can turn into a wolf and Hogur, perhaps he'll control one of the dragons.

Assuming Khaleesie can now ride one of the other dragons, does that leave one more up for grabs? There was a mention one of the Dothraki tried to train a dragon but couldn't, needs an Avatar-type bond!

Jon Snow is of Targaryen blood, so he's actually related to Khaleesie - cousins or Aunt/Nephew perhaps? I'm convinced he'll come back and play a major role. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with Arya. the whole storyline with Jaquen H'ghar needs explaining and may play a bigger part in season 6.

I reckon one of the best character is Ramsay Bolton. He's wicked, cunning but brilliant in his scheming all the same. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oberyn by far my favourite warrior. Loved that guy. I want to see why the Unsullied are so great because they've just been mostly getting thrashed.

Khal Drogo was pretty impressive. Shame to see him go out. 

I hope Jon Snow will be back. For the chance to get it on with Melisandre it'd take more than a few cuts to put me down. Did the show really show chemistry between them to not expand on it? 

I think the understated way people can die adds to it rather than takes away.

You watch just a meaningless fight scene in anything else and you know the good guy is going to kick arse. In this theres no safe scene. A huge character can die while taking a dump. He/she can be killed by another huge character or by a secondary character. You don't know when Jon Snow is surrounded by 10 wildings that it's just to showcase his skills. You can't be sure that he will make it past the scene. 

Look at Selmy. This legendary fighter and obviously he's going to be some great general in the invasion of Westeros. And then he gets killed in an alley. No dying words. 

Oberyn by far my favourite warrior. Loved that guy. I want to see why the Unsullied are so great because they've just been mostly getting thrashed.

Khal Drogo was pretty impressive. Shame to see him go out. 

I hope Jon Snow will be back. For the chance to get it on with Melisandre it'd take more than a few cuts to put me down. Did the show really show chemistry between them to not expand on it? 

I think the understated way people can die adds to it rather than takes away.

You watch just a meaningless fight scene in anything else and you know the good guy is going to kick arse. In this theres no safe scene. A huge character can die while taking a dump. He/she can be killed by another huge character or by a secondary character. You don't know when Jon Snow is surrounded by 10 wildings that it's just to showcase his skills. You can't be sure that he will make it past the scene. 

Look at Selmy. This legendary fighter and obviously he's going to be some great general in the invasion of Westeros. And then he gets killed in an alley. No dying words. 

especially as, in the books he has a big role to play (basically what Tyrion is doing now). So that was a real shocker. 

What are your thoughts on the Arya Stark storyline? For me whenever that story line appears it's a quick tea break.

I'm not sure about it either. I enjoy how bad ass she's becoming. But I can't see how she's suddenly going to become a fully fledged assassin and return to wreak havoc on the Stark enemies. 

Hiw ling can this whole story last in real terms? There's only a couple more books. I think there's been a couple of years passed so far (but it's always really sketchy), and maybe a couple more can pass. She'll maybe be 14 at the most by the end of the books. 

I want her to become some sort of bat girl of kings landing, bringing justice at the end of a pointy sword. But I don't know how they're going to make it work in the chronology. 

I would quite like to see an epilogue though, to see where all these characters are 10 years down the line. If it hasn't been ended by white walkers by the end. 

As for best swordsman, I think it has to go to Barristan Selmy. He was consistently in the top 2 or 3 in westeros for over 40 years. Still among the best in his 60s when people like Robert Baratheon had got fat an old. 

But as a kingsguard he lost two Kings. 

And I read something interesting about him recently. He lost in the final of the tourney at Harrenhal to Rhaegar Targaryen. That was where Rheagar snubbed his wife in favour of Lyanna Stark and basically kick started Robert's Rebellion, and eventually all the events that are currently happening. 

Had Barristan won, it all might have been averted (but then we'd have no Jon Snow). So, for being such a mighty knight, he's dropped a couple of fairly major clangers in his time. 

Archived