Play-off Acceptance

rammieib

As fans we now need to accept the genuine target now in is play-offs. Build momentum, get our first choice team out there and believe we can go up this way. Get Thorne and Martin out there, get back to our usual formation and get the team playing well. No point in moaning about anything, we are where we are (for a reason), so seven games left, let's build confidence and belief in these last games.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acceptance, it's far from secure at this point. We're only 2 points deep into the playoffs with most teams around us having a game in hand and without a win in 6. 

We can accept the playoffs when we win our place there!

Seriously what has happened. We have completely ****** this up. Automatic promotion this season has been there for the taking. The easiest season in my memory. I feel really sorry for one player in particular. Chris Martin. He must be thinking what a bunch of useless idiots. 

I echo thoughts on Martin, he must be gutted to see all his own hard work over the season ruined by our awful defence but also the fact our strikers' conversion rate of late is woeful.

That said, happiness comes from the unexpected. Expect to do well and the enjoyment goes away.

Ruling out the autos, which I have, means I can honestly just enjoy us battling for a playoff place and going in with less expectations. 

I thought we'd get top two this year, but over the past month a culmination of injuries, referees and sheer bad luck has stopped that. 

Still so much to play for this season, enjoy it folks. At least we're playing well. It could be worse, we could be playing rubbish.

Speechless about this.

can't understand it. we look in no trouble, we play well and then it seems as though we get no luck, shoot ourselves in the foot, hobble on, make a gallant effort, shoot ourselves in the other foot, topple over.....another one gone.

Clearly it cannot all be luck, or bad refereeing - you have to make your own luck right? So we are seriously deficient somewhere.

Seriously what has happened. We have completely ****** this up. Automatic promotion this season has been there for the taking. The easiest season in my memory. I feel really sorry for one player in particular. Chris Martin. He must be thinking what a bunch of useless idiots. 

Speechless about this.

can't understand it. we look in no trouble, we play well and then it seems as though we get no luck, shoot ourselves in the foot, hobble on, make a gallant effort, shoot ourselves in the other foot, topple over.....another one gone.

Clearly it cannot all be luck, or bad refereeing - you have to make your own luck right? So we are seriously deficient somewhere.

​I am so sick of this "easiest season in memory" nonsense. It's not. It's if anything quite the opposite. There are a huge number of teams in and around the top places who are all good enough. The fact that the table has a massive cliff in the top half should make that abundantly clear to most as well. 

Bad runs happen sometimes, and sometimes for absolutely no reason at all. We've suffered injuries, bizarre moments and bad results this season, but we're still where we are. Get the heads up, and go out there is finish the job this season. It's not over yet, and with an international break we can regroup. At this point though the only way we're going to the playoffs is if we actually are in the kind of form that deserves it. 

It's so frustrating. Its just to actually pass the ball around and build up attacks so well and to genuinely look a threat, to go and concede those goals, whyyyy.

It just feels like no matter how well we play someone is just going to mislay a pass under no pressure to concede a goal or someone is going to make a meal out of a simple defensive play.

If we pass and build up play like that when martin is back, we will score goals and win games 9/10 times. But if we keep conceding these sloppy sloppy goals, we can have all the play we want, but we will be our own downfall. I've been slightly optimistic still after every game in this bad run, but after tonight I just don't know where to look.... It was a good performance no doubt about it but I live in fear of our own defence stopping us from progressing to the next stage. If we defended like boro or wolves we'd win this league hands down I believe.

UTR because the only way is up from here with Martin and thorne coming back. 

Huge failure IMO.

Mcclarens been backed massively since arriving, you can say injuries have played a huge factor but look at todays eleven alone; several internationals. a once 24 million quid striker, a supposed 10 million rated midfielder, a highly rated winger from United, a midfielder who bagged 15+ last season, a player rumoured to be on the brick of a move to Milan, , 

Injuries isn't an excuse for me. more than enough quality out there.

He's too stubborn to drop certain individuals and constantly talking crap about "ten cup finals" - every game should be played like a cup final from the moment the season kicked in.

​I am so sick of this "easiest season in memory" nonsense. It's not. It's if anything quite the opposite. There are a huge number of teams in and around the top places who are all good enough. The fact that the table has a massive cliff in the top half should make that abundantly clear to most as well. 

Bad runs happen sometimes, and sometimes for absolutely no reason at all. We've suffered injuries, bizarre moments and bad results this season, but we're still where we are. Get the heads up, and go out there is finish the job this season. It's not over yet, and with an international break we can regroup. At this point though the only way we're going to the playoffs is if we actually are in the kind of form that deserves it. 

Archived