Play-off Acceptance

rammieib

We should make the playoffs if we get the likes of Martin and Thorne back. If we get to the Watford game and there is still talk of them not being risked I would be very worried we might miss out altogether, in reality this week was the one where we needed our best team out on the pitch as it was always likely to be make or break for automatic.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acceptance isn't the right phrase for me but obviously the automatics are looking very unlikely now. We just have to take one game at a time and see where we end up. We need to believe that we can still make the automatics.

Mcclarens been backed massively since arriving, you can say injuries have played a huge factor but look at todays eleven alone; several internationals. a once 24 million quid striker, a supposed 10 million rated midfielder, a highly rated winger from United, a midfielder who bagged 15+ last season, a player rumoured to be on the brick of a move to Milan, , 

Injuries isn't an excuse for me. more than enough quality out there.

We really need to strive to finish 3rd or 4th. Playing second leg away at any of these teams in contention will be a nightmare.

second leg at home, with fully supportive crowd, no groans, no sighs we can get to Wembley. 

Nervous return, but more than feasible against these other teams that we can win there. 

Tonight we discovered a new way of playing. Certainly more attacking, and ball kept moving quickly and always looking for incisive pass on edge of their box. Chris Martin playing tonight and we would have been fine. 

Bryson finally returned to form, in a position that suited him and his running.

fyi we played very well tonight. Great formation, movement and shots from edge of box.

By "Certain players"...you again (yawn) mean keogh who you now criticise for his position on oitch as ball goes into net when keeper should just catch the fe kin ball. How can that be a keogh error ?? Only in your world. Fans blaming captain after a record amount of clean sheets .....crazy fans we had then and now. Hope you enjoy the karma you have received. And yes, as we now keep,losing you can keep up your theory that our captain should be dropped, who you and you alone think is worse than Albentosa.

just make sure you are on holiday, preferably abroad, on Monday 25th May

Didn't think it would take you long to turn up. Yawn. 

Yeah Derby falling apart and making continuous defensive errors is my karma. 

You really are a clueless *****. 

Apart from the fact that our play fizzled out everytime we went right, so much so that christie was open and no one was passing to him. They were checking back and moving the ball left because that was the only way we got any penetration

Just seen the second goal - shocking comedy of errors between Keogh and Grant. Some on here were laughing at Forest a few weeks ago, I would happily trade their current form for ours. I don't care how you look at it 2 points out of a possible 18 is relegation form and I'm not convinced the International break will magically turn things around in the manner some are expecting.

i am a lifelong Derby fan having first watched them in 1971/72. For the most part it has been fantastic since McLaren arrived, but the last few weeks have been a real low as you know we wil be looking back on these recent results as a wasted opportunity.

If, and currently it's a big IF we may the play-offs we can still have a magnificent end to the season. What is beyond doubt is that we are defensively very poor and that will have to change whether we continue in the Championship or win promotion.

COYR

Just seen the second goal - shocking comedy of errors between Keogh and Grant. Some on here we're laughing at Forest a few weeks ago, I would happily trade their current form for ours. I don't care how you look at it 2 points out of a possible 18 is relegation form and I'm not convinced the International break will magically turn things around in the manner some are expecting.

i am a lifelong Derby fan having first watched them in 1971/72. For the most part it has been fantastic since McLaren arrived, but the last few weeks have been a real low as you know we wil be looking back on these recent results as a wasted opportunity.

If, and currently it's a big IF we may the play-offs we can still have a magnificent end to the season. What is beyond doubt is that we are defensively very poor and that will have to change whether we continue in the Championship or win promotion.

COYR

This team would crumble IF we make the playoffs, struggling to find any optimism. Even when CM does come back he can't stop all the errors were seeing when a tiny bit of pressure is put on the back four. I hope I'm made to eat my words but struggling to see it 

Archived