Current Injury 'Crisis'

kingsy1884

I though Bryson looks decent last night to be fair enjoyed seeing his energy and closing down. People at my work are claiming for Mclaren to be sacked.. I said no chance etc but a few are swinging on the side of playing the liability didn't win one header (Keogh). Sacking Mclaren would be stupid we all know it's because we have not got a CF..!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think russell has been making a decent job of playing up front.

he was good v brighton, and last night made one brilliant run across the box which was good as anything we offered.

he's playing with a broken nose now as well.

but he needs it to feet....as would chris martin.

there was little quality in the first or final ball last night.

Injuries were bound to come at some stage. You've been fortunate to go a few years without any relatively speaking. When Forest fans cited it as the reason we fell away we got no sympathy so I suppose this is karma

​That's true - however, 'cover for Martin' really means "Someone who can do Martin's job nearly as good as Martin but is prepared to join a club as a bench-warmer on the off-chance that he will get a game now and again' - and that beggars the question - who?

You missed out Ssewankambo who got injured in his first outing with the U21s and has not been heard of since. He's a right back who was playing regularly in the top division in Sweden before he joined us - given the form of Christie and Shotton, it's not inconcievable that he would have made the teamsheet recently.

​Totally agree......everyone has been saying right from the start of the season that we have "the best squad in the league" and now all of a sudden we dont...?

by the way..your avatar is the best one on here.....a truly awesoem album, that i bunked off school to go to Woolworths in Ripley to get on the day it was released and played the tape that many times over and over again that the label actually wore away on both sides..... "i lived in a town called liberty........i worked hard......"

Earlier in the season, if someone had said what would your expectations be for 3 games (2 away) in 6 days against promotion rivals with the following players out

Buxton
Whitbread
Eustace
Mascarell
Thorne
Martin
Bent
Bennett

What would your response have been?

​This will be the case "If " we do eventually get to the Premier League , its called a squad,  ( I can be as condescending too  :-) .).

Martin is NOT as good as John O'Hare and never will be.

Although he has been missed , we could maybe have managed with just a big f****r that can challenge in the air , even that would have been better than nothing .

I don't think Martin wins much "up in the air". True he has one or two headed goals to his name but generally we don't play it high to him. That's why he either retains the ball from the chest down or he gets pushed (falls) over and gets the fouls he does.This high ball up to the forwards is a new(ish) development we can do without.

Archived