Current Injury 'Crisis'

kingsy1884

I am not one for excuses and I am sorry if I sound like a F*rest fan from yesteryear but by my last count we have at least 10 players out or carrying injuries that we even know about correct me if I am wrong but the following are all out or injured in some way:

Buxton
Barker
Whitbread
Eustace
Mascarell
Thorne
Martin
Bent
Bennett
Russell (Marginal but still a broken nose!)

I understand they are part and parcel of the game but to have nearly 33% of our pros out injured in all honesty is ridiculous and has quite literally crippled us. I feel this is the main reason we seem so toothless and souless at the moment. Any team no matter how big or small would suffer dearly with the injury list we have and for us it has come at the worst time. 

Again sorry if you think these are just excuses but I had to get it off my chest it is a rotten load of luck It does seem that we are having to scrape a team together at the moment I think we just have to survive until the international break then try and kick on.

Lets hope for an injury free last 8 (or so) games.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed out Ssewankambo who got injured in his first outing with the U21s and has not been heard of since. He's a right back who was playing regularly in the top division in Sweden before he joined us - given the form of Christie and Shotton, it's not inconcievable that he would have made the teamsheet recently.

Out of all that list, only one we can't cover is Martin ...and to an extent Bent.

we all feared the wardrobe may collapse, it did......and our fukin house fell down at the same time.

We can't cover DM really.  We paid out to strengthen that spot. Then we loaned to cover that spot. Then we had another player cover that spot. Now we're chucking a newbie in there. 

But yes, Martin is the killer. We've not just lost a goalscorer. 

And our cover got injured there too.

PistoldPete2

Fact is tho the loan window has been open throughout this injury crisis and we haven't made use of it. I really dont get that at all... Anyone could have seen how vital martin was and how we needed cover, anyone could have seen this run of games and how crucial it was. Can't really use injuries as an excuse it's part of the game, of course it's had an obvious effect but it's also been obvious that we were vulnerable if martin got injured. 

Most worrying is we became so reliant on 4 3 3 formation, we are so far away from even being to put out a 4 4 2 formation it is scary.

centre forwards we lack......and yes, it is hard to strengthen there, as we have obviously made moves to get a decent player in. Sadly, the inability to secure a CF on loan has cost us big time.

Chris Martin injury has absolutely nuked our season......

throws up the interesting scenario of how on earth we would play in the Prem, when without the fulcrum of Martin we look a shadow of ourselves, and it is quite feasible the Prem might be a step too far for Chris

Fact is tho the loan window has been open throughout this injury crisis and we haven't made use of it. I really dont get that at all... Anyone could have seen how vital martin was and how we needed cover, anyone could have seen this run of games and how crucial it was. Can't really use injuries as an excuse it's part of the game, of course it's had an obvious effect but it's also been obvious that we were vulnerable if martin got injured. 

Are the management being honest with us?  I was expecting Martin back weeks ago. It all started going wrong when Eustace went out. Then Martin and so on. The bright side is they'll be back. I just hope it's not too late .

Irrespective of injuries we chop and change so often that eventually the players lose confidence, familiarity and cohesion.

Does schteve even know his best 11 ?

PistoldPete2

​We got cover on loan. It's Darren Bent.

There comes a point where there's nothing or no one to blame apart from luck. Why does it always have to be someone's fault?

Irrespective of injuries we chop and change so often that eventually the players lose confidence, familiarity and cohesion.

Does schteve even know his best 11 ?

It's hard to have a best 11 when so many of them are performing so poorly. Christie was shocking for a while so Shotton came in at right back, he was poor so Christie is back in, he's was awful today so now who starts? Same with Hendrick and Bryson and I imagine it will be soon be the same with the wingers, just too many players are out of form

Bent is not really cover for martin, but at least he was an option. We need two players for every position, but I think martin was unique cos he does two players jobs. I think back to last season martin was suspended against mill wall we played sammon and bamford neither really covered for Martin. But fact is even when bent got injured we didn't bring anyone in. I think the same problem when eustace was injured... No Thorne or eustace and we've slipped up. Why no replacements? Tbh I think we should have signed a decent cf in the summer, but we got Leon best. That's where the problems began. 

​Who do you suggest? This player who is like Chris Martin and is available for loan in March does not exist. I have absolutely no idea what you're expecting. Lee Tomlin? Leonardo Ulloa?

Bent became available, and he came in for Martin when injured. He got 6 in his first 7 games, and a lot of them were big goals. That was decent cover if ever I've seen it. It's just plain unlucky he got injured.

Brighton lost Darren Bent. Do you know who they replaced him with? Leon Best. That's the quality of loanee that's available, that's why we got him in the summer, and loans like Bent are absolutely gold dust in the Championship.

As for signing a decent CF in the summer, it's quite a hard sell to a potential player coming in when they and their agent know they're going to play second fiddle to Chris Martin.

Most worrying is we became so reliant on 4 3 3 formation, we are so far away from even being to put out a 4 4 2 formation it is scary.

centre forwards we lack......and yes, it is hard to strengthen there, as we have obviously made moves to get a decent player in. Sadly, the inability to secure a CF on loan has cost us big time.

Chris Martin injury has absolutely nuked our season......

throws up the interesting scenario of how on earth we would play in the Prem, when without the fulcrum of Martin we look a shadow of ourselves, and it is quite feasible the Prem might be a step too far for Chris

What formation  though? 

They all put more players out of position even more. The midfielders are used to functioning as a 3. 1 cover for 2 to go about their jobs.

Ince complained that clubs saw him as a wide midfielder when he's an old school winger who doesn't do his best stuff just over the halfway line. Russell says he's a striker but needs a partner. 

But his best for us has been a winger. He's shown nothing centrally 

Archived