Raul Albentosa debut

Stedcfc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave away a needless free kick when Forsyth had a header covered, which led to them pumping the ball into the box and allowing their keeper upfield to cause havoc.

if it were Keogh he'd have been hung drawn and quartered.

He didn't wow me and at present I don't see he's an improvement on any of our current CB offerings, but I'm hoping once he adjusts to the physicality of the league he'll begin to shine.

one thing I did find a tad concerning was for someone so tall he didn't look great heading the ball.

I might be way off beam here, but was that his first competitive match in about 6 weeks, playing only for the second time with the lads?  What the feck is he playing at? You might have expected him to throw in a few Cruyff turns, do some step overs and nutmegs, zip a few 70 yard passes to feet, 100 keepy uppies, and a Maradona dribble to score our winning goal.  Pfft!  What a waste of £470k and some jet fuel.

Amazing the response on here. Let us not forget he was playing next to the player half the fans on here rate as pretty much our worst defender as well.

i liked the look of him. Only concern for me was he did look more like a right sided defender. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that spot long term. Next season whichever league we are in, I think we might see a new partner for him in defence.

Archived