Raul Albentosa debut

Stedcfc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the look of him. Look a bit slow getting back when Birmingham nearly had a one on one. There striker made me laugh had a argument with him when it was there corner think it was regarding shirt pulling would loved to have heard what was said!

*The above I meant to of wrote yesterday.. Came to write again on this post and for some reason it all came back up I'm confused!*

I felt more assured with Raul in thats for sure!

I would say he started cautiously rather than nervously. Not only was it his league debut but he was also playing on the left so he had to adapt to that. Obviously very right footed and ideally I'd like to see him on the right side of central defence. I'm sure with a few more games under his belt he will establish himself as first choice.

You are all really fkn mean to keogh.

he is still the best player at arching his arms like a coat hanger, and would still be my first choice to play the hunchback of Notre Dame.

get off his back.

bstrds.

While I thought it was a solid debut, it's quite clear to see he's better on the right hand side. Whenever he was forced to play it with his left, you could see the sheer amount of focus he had to put in to play the ball, that's where the nerves were coming from.

I'd imagine he would look far more natural on the right. For me, I would start him on the right from now on, forcing Keogh to move. I would like to see Buxton playing alongside him but if Keogh can adapt and play on the left, that is equally okay.

One positive sign is that he seems able to head the ball more than 10 yards, so we might see some proper clearing headers in future rather than the terrible, weak and straight to the opposition's feet 5 yards away clearances we've been used to. 

One positive sign is that he seems able to head the ball more than 10 yards, so we might see some proper clearing headers in future rather than the terrible, weak and straight to the opposition's feet 5 yards away clearances we've been used to. 

The way we set up as a team. The use of a DM (especially when Eustace and Thorne have played). Our approach to games - controlling possession. The opposition's approach - nullify us rather than be adventurous (especially when we're at home). 

​And because they're generally quite good, just not good enough to rely on if we approach matches with the intention of letting the opposition have the ball,  sitting back and hitting then in the break. 

Put our backline in a team currently in the bottom half and they wouldn't have anything like the second best record, but would probably have a slightly better one than they do now. 

​If I was to offer you a defence with Claude Davis and Youl Mawene as the centre back pairing, would you take it? I doubt it. But that pairing managed to only concede 30 goals in 46 matches in 2005/06!

Firstly we let in 2 goals against a weak Birmingham side and secondly for the entire game he was never really put under real pressure at all.

Personally I thought he looked shaky and far too eager to push the ball sideways to Forsyth or Keogh and let them play the ball forward or build the attack.

In summary we have got to the table top with Bucko and Keogh stop tinkering.

Archived