Really upsetting for Derby fans on 96th minute

Curtains

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​You DIDN'T expect to beat QPR.....and i guess when they went down to 10 men you didn't think we would do them either??

I would say it was a much harder ask to win 3 games on the trot (even if they were against awful teams) than to beat 10 man QPR.

To be honest I'm not nearly as annoyed now as I was a week ago. The result against Birmingham, whilst incredibly frustrating, was a freak occurrence. The performance at Fulham was abject and if we play like that again we don't deserve to be in the play offs, never mind go up. We dominated Birmingham for 92 minutes and the players need to use their disappointment to spur themselves on to take at least four points from the two big games we have coming up.

The next three games will tell us whether there are any easy games in this League or not. 1 point out of 9 we should have got. Now we need 9 from 12 when 6 or 7 would have been the best to hope for. If this team is made of the stern stuff then we have a chance. You never know, the last three games might mean that a little complacency creeps into the Norwich dressing room before Saturday!

I can see us doing well in the next few tricky games and then doing the same "we have no idea what sport we're playing now we've lost the 19 year old who's meant to be holding our hand" routine whenever we take off Will Hughes off against lower opposition.

I'm not that worried about Norwich. I just have no faith in this team against teams lower down in the table anymore.

Gotta be honest, I've been twitching about our defence for a very long time now, and while many will be happy to highlight the clean sheets we've had this season, the fact of the matter is that our defence (and I mean all of it) is a series of accidents waiting to happen.

Bucko and Keogh will bleed for the club, but at this level, I'm sad to say that desire and drive just doesn't cut it.  We need quality, and a lot of it.  Time will tell if Albentosa forms part of the solution, but to me that's like sticking a band-aid on a busted leg even if he turns out to be the new Igor.

I hope I get proved wrong and everyone turns in a series of heroic performances for the remaining games, but something tells me that ain't going to happen :(

Playoffs are beckoning again, but if we can't improve drastically in certain areas, even they might start to slip away, the league is THAT congested up towards the top.

If we end up in the play-offs, we end up in the play-offs. 

It's still an exciting chance to get promoted and put last season behind us. Look at how Brighton and Wigan have gone on and thank yourselves lucky that we even have something to play for this season.

The top six is still a good achievement, even if it will come with disappointment at how our season has ended.

I'm just gonna be optimistic and say that what happened on Saturday will hopefully make us switch back on again.

What better way to re-affirm the heart break of the play off final, than to have a reminder like that just before you have your toughest 4 games of the season.

Hopefully they'll all remember why they signed up new contracts and how they almost made it last year and how they're so close to going up again this season.

Birmingham were the shot in the arm they (the players) all needed.

and..... with a (hopefully) fully fit squad to choose from in the next 2 weeks, it's very much onwards and upwards.

I felt like punching my boss on Saturday night. I was more angry than upset. 

I'd love to see how we'd fair in the Premier League this time round and I believe Premier League football would be a just reward for all those fans that attended games home or away since "that season".

However if we don't make it the players will only have themselves to blame, they have first class facilities, a top class management team and a good stadium for the most part filled with fans willing them to do well.

It's time they took a look at their working conditions, realised what a good thing they've got going for themselves and rolled their chuffin' sleeves up and got the job done.

*Just my opinion, not fact.

​From a biased way of looking at it, of course. Disrespectful to the other 6 teams still in with a shout, we've not really done much more than they have so far to earn it.  Who ever finishes the top 2 will deserve it, you can't fluke 46 games! Play offs is a different matter mind...

As long as it's mathematically possible we're in this, don't write us off. After this disastrous season defining week where we have collected 1 point from 3 games we still sit second...

Archived