AmericanRam

Boxing Thread

I'll never understand boxing undercards. Sure, you're not going to have anything massive because of the way promoting works in the sport but what on Earth is the point of this fight?

Mayweather on points in a boring tippy-tappy encounter. Just like every Mayweather fight.

He is TBE in my opinion, because he's unstoppable. Nobody can beat him.

Sure Ali and the likes were far more exciting to watch, but on a results basis, Mayweather is not only undefeated, he wins boxing matches at a canter and his media work is top notch.

Everyone pays PPV to hopefully see Mayweather lose. Not because anybody actually finds his fights great.

His recen wins over canelo, Guerrero, Maidana, Otiz etc. were so tedius. His best fight in recent years was against Cotto, at least he looked slightly vulnerable in that one - if only for a few moments.

I'm team Manny, love watching his fighting style. But he'll unfortunately just get outclassed tonight.

Called it, so so obvious. Easy points win for Floyd.

I give credit when its due:Mayweather was far superior tonight in all aspects;fair play to him.Gameplan by Freddie Roach just never seemed to click for Manny.

Yup, you did Bris. If manny had gone for it he'd have be KO'd easy.......maywaeather is a sodding robot like that. yeah if there was a game plan, it didn't come off. oh well. least i didn't re mortgage the house and bet it all on some #ITK info. 

it's not Mac to newcastle...

Defensively Floyd is very good, but offered nothing offensively.

A frustrating bout where one came to fight and the other to duck and scamper.

Manny would have to have taken more chances to take the fight to Floyd.

A tactical win, but pretty it was not

I give credit when its due:Mayweather was far superior tonight in all aspects;fair play to him.Gameplan by Freddie Roach just never seemed to click for Manny.

​As daft as it sounds, the only person I can see coming close to beating him is Khan.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sufre he has a longer reach than Mayweather, similar boxing speed and the ability to get in and out quickly. It will be his last fight in September, has to be Khan or Thurman. Anybody else wouldn't have the pull.

Pacquiao looked a lot smaller than Mayweather, and he couldn't get in behind or around that superb defence.

A defensive masterclass. Both should retire after this year, there is no where else to go no for Manny.

​As daft as it sounds, the only person I can see coming close to beating him is Khan.

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sufre he has a longer reach than Mayweather, similar boxing speed and the ability to get in and out quickly. It will be his last fight in September, has to be Khan or Thurman. Anybody else wouldn't have the pull.

Pacquiao looked a lot smaller than Mayweather, and he couldn't get in behind or around that superb defence.

A defensive masterclass. Both should retire after this year, there is no where else to go no for Manny.

Agree about Khan,would be interesting fight that.

Next for Manny? Not sure tbh.

Bit disappointed with Manny's post-match comments. He was nowehere near close to winning that fight.

Blame Mayweather for his style, but you know what you're going to get. He isn't a big puncher, he's a defensive masterclass who counters and wins round. He'll not knock you out unless you leave yourself stupidly open.

Think Manny should have given him more credit then, that's disappointing.