Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

On the Blackwell - Eubank Jnr fight... I honestly don't think it should have been stopped any earlier.

Blackwell was still throwing punches back despite obviously getting a bit of a licking.

He knows the risks when he gets into the ring, and if it was felt by his corner that it was getting bad, then they could have thrown in the towel.

I hope he gets better soon, showed great heart and an iron chin when Eubank Jnr was dropping some absolute bombs.

In my opinion the Ref should have stopped it. He was in trouble several times & he was never going to win the fight, he was behind on points and never looked like knocking Eubank out.

Its better to take one less punch and be annoyed at being stopped than take one too many. 

Part of the problem is Blackwell was too brave and Eubank doesnt hit hard enough. Eubank is quick and lands an acumulation of punches which has in this case done damage but he doesnt hit hard enough to knock someone clean out.

Sometimes its better to just get sparked out than take an accumulation of punches round after round and slightly recover between them accumulation of punches allowing you to take more punishment 

hopefully blackwell is ok & feel a bit sorry for both guys. Eubank doesnt get in the ring to hurt him & give his opponent lasting damage. he isnt his enemy he gets in as a sport and to entertain & has faced some undeserved below the belt questioning from some reporters. 

Nick Blackwell has woken from his induced coma, following his fight with Chris Eubank Jr last week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35962221

Great news, BBBC also says ref did all required. Sadly as article concludes, this lad faces a difficult period of adjustment. Hope he goes on to earn a decent career somewhere and somehow, just for the courage he displayed.

Joshus Vs Charles Martin in Saturday 

Sky are obviously trying to build it up but Joshua should surely have this one in the bag. Martin has what looks like an impressive record on paper but he hasn't beaten anybody in the world top 20 and i dont think any of his previous opponents are better than whyte who Joshua beat in his last fight 

Be much more entertaining if Fury can win his rematch against kilitchko & Wilder fury and joshua all fight each other. Joshua needs to step up after this even if its against Haye 

Charles Martin hasn't defeated anyone of note, but then again neither has AJ. While AJ looks like a world class boxer, it's hard to really say until he's been in with guys who are going to give him a good fight. 

I reckon AJ will win by knockout. I don't get the hype regarding Martin. They say he's an awkward southpaw like that gives him some sort of extra advantage. He looks slow and clumbsy.

What happened to Povetkin, Wach, Pulev...? Feel these guys lost one fight against Wlad and then disappeared. Surely they would have given AJ a better test than the puddings put in-front of him previously.

Decent undercard for this, that's my justification for PPV sorted!

Lee Selby vs Eric Hunter (IBF featherweight title)

Jamie McDonnell vs Fernando Vargas (WBA bantamweight title)

George Groves vs David Brophy

Brian Rose vs Matthew Macklin

Ohara Davies vs Andy Keates

Ted Cheeseman vs Ian Henry

Conor Benn v s/o

Looking forward to Rose vs Macklin as much as any.

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Charles Martin hasn't defeated anyone of note, but then again neither has AJ. While AJ looks like a world class boxer, it's hard to really say until he's been in with guys who are going to give him a good fight. 

I reckon AJ will win by knockout. I don't get the hype regarding Martin. They say he's an awkward southpaw like that gives him some sort of extra advantage. He looks slow and clumbsy.

What happened to Povetkin, Wach, Pulev...? Feel these guys lost one fight against Wlad and then disappeared. Surely they would have given AJ a better test than the puddings put in-front of him previously.

Povetkin fights Wilder in May I think.

Shocked at the odds on Charles Martin. I'm obviously rooting for AJ and I think he will win but Martin has fought more than double the rounds that AJ has fought. He is Joshua's step up into the big league. And the bookies are expecting Josh to knock him out early on. Not giving Martin a chance. 

If AJ wins this then top rated lads are going to come for him. In 15 fights he's got to a world title. If he wins this then even more is going to come quickly. 

Kind of want him to do it the hard way on Saturday. Get plenty of rounds in. But then it's his ruthless killer instinct that has us all loving him. 

Joseph Parker needs to step out of New Zealand too.

On 6 April 2016 at 21:57, reveldevil said:

Decent undercard for this, that's my justification for PPV sorted!

Lee Selby vs Eric Hunter (IBF featherweight title)

Jamie McDonnell vs Fernando Vargas (WBA bantamweight title)

George Groves vs David Brophy

Brian Rose vs Matthew Macklin

Ohara Davies vs Andy Keates

Ted Cheeseman vs Ian Henry

Conor Benn v s/o

Looking forward to Rose vs Macklin as much as any.

George Groves readying up for another last chance title fight?

Bit of an early stoppage if you ask me. Still looked like he was in control of his senses, if not totally in control of his gameplan. Maybe the Nick Blackwell sensitivities still playing their part.

I think Martin was just out of his game, not out on his feet.

OOoooh Anthony Joshua!!!

I was hoping Martin would give him much needed rounds. 

Wanted 20 seconds sit down!! 

So many people calling Joshua out. He should be chasing them!! All bullies wanting him before he gets serious rounds under his belt