George is Back!

Ramzabac

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The initial reception from the fans must have given him a huge boost.

I said before the game that I would be happy at this stage, just to see glimpses of what he could do. I think he delivered that. His passing was mixed admittedly, he played a great through ball down the left wing at one point but this was contrasted with a few sloppy passes that fell straight to the opposition.

However, what impressed me most was his break up play. Despite not being fully fit, he did an excellent job in the defensive side of things, breaking up their attacks and stopping them playing. When he gave away the ball, he charged back and often won the ball back off the opposition player.

Overall, a very promising return and over the coming weeks I hope to see him go from strength to strength.

I thought he played really well seen as he was out for so long. Was a little rusty as was to be expected but another 65 mins against Charlton in midweek will do him the world of good. We saw glimpses of his passing and he showed some great strength on the ball. I actually forgot how strong he was, he must of knocked players off the ball about six times.

I'd thought he might be a bit tentative but I think we were more worried than him when he went in for a tackle!

His determination and the medical team have done so well getting him back, I'm sure he'll be closely monitored as to how much he plays.

Just seeing glimpses of that quality we've been crying out for in that position al seasons, great and frustrating at the same time. We'd be clear at the top if he hadn't got injured.

Not only brilliant defensively, making himself available for the ball and bringing it out from the back but also our best play maker alongside Hughes. Proper range of passing.

The initial reception from the fans must have given him a huge boost.

I said before the game that I would be happy at this stage, just to see glimpses of what he could do. I think he delivered that. His passing was mixed admittedly, he played a great through ball down the left wing at one point but this was contrasted with a few sloppy passes that fell straight to the opposition.

However, what impressed me most was his break up play. Despite not being fully fit, he did an excellent job in the defensive side of things, breaking up their attacks and stopping them playing. When he gave away the ball, he charged back and often won the ball back off the opposition player.

Overall, a very promising return and over the coming weeks I hope to see him go from strength to strength.

Not sure he will start on Tuesday but the hour yesterday will have done him the world of good in regards to sharpening him up to first team speed.His passing will get better has he works with the new players more  in training and matches.

I bet Darren Bent  is looking forward to it because the ball will be delivered into those runs he makes of the centre back instead of being held up.

Got to be careful not to ask to much hence not sure about starting Tuesday but he is just going to get better and stronger and nobody then will be bullying us in midfield.

Archived