Bits and bobs

Matt Carbon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will bite, but not about negative Nigel, about your 'rumour' about McClaren. Newcastle fans do not want him, and although Ashley will do what he wants, the stronger rumours are that a dutch or french coach will be appointed.

I am relying on you to make this happen. I reckon Newcastle is the only job that would have a serious draw for steve as it is home territory for him there is money and they are a sleeping giant with 50k ticket buying fans

I am relying on you to make this happen. I reckon Newcastle is the only job that would have a serious draw for steve as it is home territory for him there is money and they are a sleeping giant with 50k ticket buying fans

Mr Ashley vs our current setup?

Let the giant sleep.

I will bite, but not about negative Nigel, about your 'rumour' about McClaren. Newcastle fans do not want him, and although Ashley will do what he wants, the stronger rumours are that a dutch or french coach will be appointed.

Yes, I heard a rumour similar to that, except the one I heard was about an Ex-Dutch coach.

Mac is under contract, I would doubt he will be given permission to talk to other clubs. All the linked clubs are in a far worse position potentially than Derby, certainly for a coach like Steve, for various different reasons. QPR relegation threatened, the same for Villa, as for Newcastle it's more about the coach/board rapport I would suggest.

Nobody up here in Geordie land is seriously talking about Mac. Ashley will only want a yes man at the helm and Mac is not that man. And please stop with the drivel about 50K fans and sleeping giant. NUFC is a basket case that no manager in their right mind will go near.

Drivel ? Bit harsh .. He comes from that part of the world .. Ashley is loaded and there are 50k fans .. I wouldn't go there, you wouldn't go there Mac probably wouldn't go there. But if you were Mac and there was a mountain of Cash on the table and you wanted a challenge and things were going sour down here because we were 4th from bottom and no one wanted to sign for us ....maybe you'd be tempted .. Barmy if you were, you'd last as long as half a dozen bad results but it's a possibility. Unlikely maybe but Drivel ?

Archived