Bits and bobs

Matt Carbon

Afternoon all,

I continue to lurk in the background - particularly now that I find there are less Clough bashing threads for me to stick the boot in on! (Don't bite)

just wanted to raise a couple of things;

1. I am led to believe McClaren will leave in the summer if we do not gain promotion. Off to Newcastle is the shout. I have even heard he may be going even if we do get promotion. Has anyone heard similar?

2. how about a new chant - to the tune of Yaya Yaya / Kolo Kolo song....

Derby, Derby Derby, Derby Derby, Derby, Derby County

DC, DC DC, DC DC, DC, DCFC

Repeat accordingly.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or I should have done 2 threads I apologise profusely.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon all,

I continue to lurk in the background - particularly now that I find there are less Clough bashing threads for me to stick the boot in on! (Don't bite)

1. I am led to believe McClaren will leave in the summer if we do not gain promotion. Off to Newcastle is the shout. I have even heard he may be going even if we do get promotion. Has anyone heard similar?

Repeat accordingly.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place or I should have done 2 threads I apologise profusely.

I will bite, but not about negative Nigel, about your 'rumour' about McClaren. Newcastle fans do not want him, and although Ashley will do what he wants, the stronger rumours are that a dutch or french coach will be appointed.

Afternoon all,

Repeat accordingly.

How about no...

Christ we are a cheerful bunch;

McClaren rumour is from multiple sources. I won't divulge who etc, but at least two have played for DCFC and have international caps. (Largely immaterial as to who they played for, but just wanted to give context that they are 'on the inside of the footballing fraternity).

for the record I hope it isn't true, but I feel less than convinced by McC's 'dismissal' of these rumours. 

In respect of the chant, it would be good, imagine the whole of the South stand doing it in unison - arms up on the first section, arms down on the second?! Go on, let yourselves live a little... 

anyway, Clough out! He is negative, plays people out of position and falls out with people.  

McClaren rumour is from multiple sources. I won't divulge who etc, but at least two have played for DCFC and have international caps. (Largely immaterial as to who they played for, but just wanted to give context that they are 'on the inside of the footballing fraternity).

for the record I hope it isn't true, but I feel less than convinced by McC's 'dismissal' of these rumours. 

In respect of the chant, it would be good, imagine the whole of the South stand doing it in unison - arms up on the first section, arms down on the second?! Go on, let yourselves live a little... 

anyway, Clough out! He is negative, plays people out of position and falls out with people.  

Yawn you're boring me...

Afternoon all,

Repeat accordingly.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Do you think James Milner is the type of player we should sign?

these members of the footballing community that gave you the gold dust regarding what Steve might possibly do if Derby might possibly won't get promoted and Newcastle might possibly offer him a deal and Sam Rush might possibly sanction the approach... did they tell you we were signing Bent or Ince or Warnock or Albentosa 3 months before they happened?

Cos if they didn't, then don't repeat their nonsense now. The problem with ex-footballers is that they want to be in the know, when I would suggest that the CURRENT players won't even be in the sausaging know! Ex-footballers trying to cling on to some sort of position of respect for the fans who may have once upon a time idolised them, but no longer do.

What I'm getting at is that there could be NO possible way McClaren himself would know at this stage that he's specifically going to Newcastle. He may know if he's resigning from Derby, but that's not what you said.

If you know & theses ex-footballers and those generally inside football know, then DCFC know. I imagine they will have a plan so if I were you I wouldn't worry about it.

My circle of friends include a former US President, Priminister, 4 former Kings, 6 war heros, 15 very well known music stars, numerous Oscar winners, blah blah blah. My sausage is bigger than yours.

Oh and out of the lads I go out supping with you could field a former England football team totalling 700+ caps between them.

?????

????????????????????

these members of the footballing community that gave you the gold dust regarding what Steve might possibly do if Derby might possibly won't get promoted and Newcastle might possibly offer him a deal and Sam Rush might possibly sanction the approach... did they tell you we were signing Bent or Ince or Warnock or Albentosa 3 months before they happened?

Cos if they didn't, then don't repeat their nonsense now. The problem with ex-footballers is that they want to be in the know, when I would suggest that the CURRENT players won't even be in the sausaging know! Ex-footballers trying to cling on to some sort of position of respect for the fans who may have once upon a time idolised them, but no longer do.

What I'm getting at is that there could be NO possible way McClaren himself would know at this stage that he's specifically going to Newcastle. He may know if he's resigning from Derby, but that's not what you said.

I couldn't agree more.

FFS, let's just focus on getting promoted and then let nature/ fate take it's course.

Sounds a bit like the Holey Cokey, I can see that being quite popular in the West Stand.

Archived