Promotion or FA Cup?

Carl Sagan

Which would you rather win?  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a situation we would find ourselves in should we go up automatically AND win the FA Cup. Or at least reach the final.

That way we'd find ourselves in the PL, two trips to Wembley which won't bring the heartbreak of the last trip regardless of the result and we'd start next season in a European competition.

We can all dream hey?

I too am dreadfully sorry that I come onto this forum to talk about real football issues rather than talk crap... and don't base what I say on books I've read or videos that I've watched.

I'm sorry if i do come across as exasperated and frustrated. its just that some of what I read exasperates and frustrates me.

That is the beauty of this game i suppose ... and it's curse.

FA Cup ... would be a sweet moment for any fan
Winning the league ... far sweeter by a mile - it means you truly are the best.

By the way ... if any of you who are digging me out could GENUINELY name the entire squad that turned out for us on FA Cup final day 1946 WITHOUT having to read up on it first ... I would love to hear it face to face.

Not belittling it ... it is a brilliant, defining, famous day in our history ... just saying...some of you talk out of your backsides for the sake of it.

What would we rather win?

The Champions league, or the Texaco Cup that I've decided to revive today?

Let me get this straight. Following your logic;

If FA Cup > English Division 2 then Texaco Cup > Champions League.

Not only is this ridiculous, it contradicts your previous arguments.

Not belittling it ... it is a brilliant, defining, famous day in our history ... just saying...some of you talk out of your backsides for the sake of it.

Whereas you're being rude and dismissive, but with a mandate?

I don't get this "straw man" thing you do whereby anyone who disagrees with you is some sort of geeky, Sky-obsessed armchair fan who's obsessed with stats. Where does that come from?

If it came down to one or the other, which would you prefer?

Anyone who says "both" is a red!

Edit: What happened to my poll? Mods!

Both. Is that ok?

Whereas you're being rude and dismissive, but with a mandate?

I don't get this "straw man" thing you do whereby anyone who disagrees with you is some sort of geeky, Sky-obsessed armchair fan who's obsessed with stats. Where does that come from?

Quite simply ... in a lot of cases ... that is how certain people come across, it grinds my gears, and I tire of it.

Maybe because of my background, i look at things from the point of view of being 'within the game' ... my failing entirely.

Okay, okay, okay ... I want us to win the league, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the UEFA Cup, the Cup Winners' Cup, the European Cup, the World Cup, and the African Nations' Cup ... and maybe even the Charity Shield, the Fairs Cup, La Liga, the Copa America and the Watney Cup. Of COURSE I DO.

But ... lets get real eh? Just saying.

I come on here to talk about real football. All this ludicrous pie in the sky crap is boring as far as I'm concerned. I'm very sorry if I don't say what I am supposed to say in order to be popular among you.

You can spout on all day with conjecture ... I want us to sign Messi, Ronaldo, and Bale ... and whilst we're at it, lets dig up George Best.

Whatever.

Promotion every day of the week - we would become one of the top 30 richest clubs in the world based on revenue - whats not to like..at the end of the day we play the whole season to get promoted - that is the aim of every club, a cup run is nice but not if it derails promotion this year.

If we keep getting soft home draws where we can rest the 1st team why not both..

Archived