Promotion or FA Cup?

Carl Sagan

Which would you rather win?  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 40 next year and am about the right age to have witnessed football before Sky and since. I missed out on Derby winning the league, and there's always been dominant teams in the top flight during the time I can remember.

What does amuse me is that there are people in this thread who have slated the game for being so money orientated, yet the only benefit they can see in promotion is money.

I for one couldn't care less if we missed out on promotion, I couldn't care if we lost our best players, as long as we get a fair deal for them, I couldn't really care if Steve and the coaches left, because at the end of it all, players coaches and managers come and go, they a dot on a long timeline. I just want to enjoy going to see my team play football and be competitive.

In recent years, I'd have been happy with Nigel had we been this positive and entertaining over his tenure, same under Jewell and even back to Phil Brown. 

As a fan, there are no advantages to me personally for being in the Premier League. I have no interest in seeing whoever Sky tells me is the star player coming to iPro, and I have no desire to be made to feel unwelcome in a league that is governed by parasites and vultures.

Stick your premier league, I'm happy with us as we are, where we are, enjoying the football, and throw in an FA Cup win and I'm in heaven.

Just remind yourselves that a manager and players are heroes upon promotion, come January when you're languishing, and fans are booing and every is miserable, you'll be wishing you was at the top end of the championship being the big fish.

I've just seen this. What a brilliant post. With you all the way on this one. I'd tried giving out the same argument in the pub the other day but all I got was it's worth this or that. I said I work hard all week, I want to go an enjoy my football on a Saturday, be entertained and watch a winning team. That won't happen in the Premier League. It's all about finishing 17th. If we do a Southampton or Swansea, then great. But Leicester or Burnley? No ta. Til then, winning the championship would be awesome, just as long as we didn't get promoted!

Archived