Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

I think Bryso should be playing but certainly cannot complain that mclaren has kept faith with jeff , results tell you that would be stupid , and with the stupidity you write there no room for the 2 of us on here

I dint mind being called stupid if someone can explain why they think I am being stupid

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why after all these years does Ward get himself on set pieces? I'd rather Keogh took them!! I'd rather Gordon Guthrie took them!!

He gets to take free kicks when there's no mascarell, ince, Martin, Russell , hughes or Thorne. Seventh choice free kick taker. Wasn't too far away with his free kick tbf plenty of venom just too high.

Bryson was utter crap, not anonymous. Only good thing he did was the good chance in the first minute. He had a lot of the ball and wasted it. That's something of note is it not? All I was saying...

It's easy to say a player was "anonymous" or "quiet" if you have no idea how well they played.

It's a bit like when someone says someone played well and you ask them what specifically they did and you get something like "You know, he just 'made things happen'. He 'got us moving'..." Just lazy comments. Are you trying to say Bryson didn't have many touches?

I've just watched the full match and I have to say we did play some good stuff and probably were the better team, but only Dawkins and Roos have done themselves any favours in the match. 

Ratings:

Roos - 7; Warnock - 4 (6), Shotton - 4, Keogh - 6, Christie - 5; Mascarell - 7, Bryson - 5, Hendrick - 5; Dawkins MOTM - 8, Lingard - 7, Bent - 6; Forsyth - 6, Ward - 7, Thomas - 6. 

Analysis:

We had our hands tied behind our back due to the referee's zero tolerance first-half.

Warnock red card consisted of two harsh yellows, unfortunately that was all it took for him to see him get his marching orders. If the tackles occurred the other way around then I don't think he would have seen red. The second was 80% worthy of a yellow card, the first only 30% worthy, IMO. Nevertheless, I think he can be forgiven as he denied Reading two stone wall penalties. The first, I have no idea what Shotton is doing, he goes in to the player knee height and barely touches the ball (in fact the player is left on a floor for a considerable amount of time and was nearly taken off) and the second is even more ludicrous! Keogh punches the ball out of play! With Mascarell already on a yellow card, he was taken off due to the referee's first half activity. Fortunately, in the second-half, Pawson found his chill and was much better.

Reading's first goal has come less than a minute after we had a corner, it shouldn't happen. We've got everyone back, but that's not the problem. Forsyth's been doubled up on and can't do anything more. Dawkins should have been watching HRK better and Hendrick should have offered A LOT more as Bryson tracked to try and help Forsyth out. It was a case of Dawkins and Hendrick switching off for me, not remembering their defensive jobs. The second Reading goal is similar: Hendrick losses the ball in the middle of the park, but after his meagre attempt the ball falls to the man Bryson's marking and he puts in a half-hearted run to try and win the ball back. Yakubu, who was superb in the short time he was on, got passed Forsyth far too easily and Shotton offered nothing in terms of support... It's an awful goal to conceded. Why Shotton hasn't rushed over and helped Forsyth double up when there is nothing else on is beyond any comprehension. 

On McClaren, he's had no choice but that second half was more about grit and determination more than anything else. We've put countless balls into the box to Bent, who thrives more off through balls than he does crosses and has a three man cage around him at all times, and had no ball winning midfielder, which meant Lingard and Dawkins at times were collecting the ball off the backline. I can only assume Dawkins was brought off with Tuesday in mind, he was comfortably our best player. Ward didn't do too badly when he came on, mind. I think Ward and Dawkins were better than Lingard, who showed flashes of quality, but lost the ball far too much. 

It was a gritty performance, but one that we failed to show any real shape or coherence in. Bryson certainly doesn't need to be sounded out for any criticism; he didn't play well, but he was no worse than some others. I gave him and Hendrick a five, but Bryson was closer to a six than Hendrick and had it not been for his frustrating lack of defensive work for their second then he probably would have had it. Hendrick wasn't even in danger of coming close to a six. It's all irrelevant anyway as Shotton takes the accolade on this occasion. He should have given away a penalty, only the ref could tell you why he didn't, played a large part in both goals and gave the ball away an eye-watering amount. 

It was a game where we ran out of luck, in my mind. To some extent you make your own luck - but there were a few efforts that just didn't quite bounce right. Mascarell's free kick that Keogh nearly converted, Dawkins(?) shot that nearly fell nicely to Bent - we just weren't getting the rub of the green. We missed a few of our set piece takers - especially when Mascarell was subbed off. Bryson and Ward just can't do it.

I don't think Federici's performance in their net should be taken lightly either. There were a few decent saves there - good 'keeper.

I don't like having a go at officials but I am surprised that the ref and the lino's have got off with such little flack. Ignoring the Warnock decisions the ref was very card happy. Started by booking mascarell early on .. Should have said calm down lad. It was a clumsy tackle but not dirty or dangerous. We got a let off for a pen. He missed a number of tugging and pulling offences and the Lino flagged for offside in the second half before the ball had been played. As a ref he was far to visible . Can't believe he is a prem official. He had a stinker of a game.

Just  looking at the highlights, Yakubus goal and Forsyth not getting the tackle in. Simply if it was on the other side he would have done but he isnt used to challenging in that way with his right foot.

Yeah, definitely, but Yakubu was Shotton's man. Forsyth has helped him out, but as you say got wrong footed, and Yak has scored a brilliant goal. He took two touches, so it's harsh as it's more of a good goal than REALLY poor defending, but neither of the two aforementioned deserve to get off without a clip round the tabhole. 

Yeah, definitely, but Yakubu was Shotton's man. Forsyth has helped him out, but as you say got wrong footed, and Yak has scored a brilliant goal. He took two touches, so it's harsh as it's more of a good goal than REALLY poor defending, but neither of the two aforementioned deserve to get off without a clip round the tabhole. 

Im guessing "Bring him down" went through forsyths head before he realise we'd already had one left back off. We'd committed too many men forward, only left two at the back, I get we wanted to win the game but we really needed someone else back.

I've just watched the full match and I have to say we did play some good stuff and probably were the better team, but only Dawkins and Roos have done themselves any favours in the match.

Ratings:

Roos - 7; Warnock - 4 (6), Shotton - 4, Keogh - 6, Christie - 5; Mascarell - 7, Bryson - 5, Hendrick - 5; Dawkins MOTM - 8, Lingard - 7, Bent - 6; Forsyth - 6, Ward - 7, Thomas - 6.

Analysis:

We had our hands tied behind our back due to the referee's zero tolerance first-half.

Warnock red card consisted of two harsh yellows, unfortunately that was all it took for him to see him get his marching orders. If the tackles occurred the other way around then I don't think he would have seen red. The second was 80% worthy of a yellow card, the first only 30% worthy, IMO. Nevertheless, I think he can be forgiven as he denied Reading two stone wall penalties. The first, I have no idea what Shotton is doing, he goes in to the player knee height and barely touches the ball (in fact the player is left on a floor for a considerable amount of time and was nearly taken off) and the second is even more ludicrous! Keogh punches the ball out of play! With Mascarell already on a yellow card, he was taken off due to the referee's first half activity. Fortunately, in the second-half, Pawson found his chill and was much better.

Reading's first goal has come less than a minute after we had a corner, it shouldn't happen. We've got everyone back, but that's not the problem. Forsyth's been doubled up on and can't do anything more. Dawkins should have been watching HRK better and Hendrick should have offered A LOT more as Bryson tracked to try and help Forsyth out. It was a case of Dawkins and Hendrick switching off for me, not remembering their defensive jobs. The second Reading goal is similar: Hendrick losses the ball in the middle of the park, but after his meagre attempt the ball falls to the man Bryson's marking and he puts in a half-hearted run to try and win the ball back. Yakubu, who was superb in the short time he was on, got passed Forsyth far too easily and Shotton offered nothing in terms of support... It's an awful goal to conceded. Why Shotton hasn't rushed over and helped Forsyth double up when there is nothing else on is beyond any comprehension.

On McClaren, he's had no choice but that second half was more about grit and determination more than anything else. We've put countless balls into the box to Bent, who thrives more off through balls than he does crosses and has a three man cage around him at all times, and had no ball winning midfielder, which meant Lingard and Dawkins at times were collecting the ball off the backline. I can only assume Dawkins was brought off with Tuesday in mind, he was comfortably our best player. Ward didn't do too badly when he came on, mind. I think Ward and Dawkins were better than Lingard, who showed flashes of quality, but lost the ball far too much.

It was a gritty performance, but one that we failed to show any real shape or coherence in. Bryson certainly doesn't need to be sounded out for any criticism; he didn't play well, but he was no worse than some others. I gave him and Hendrick a five, but Bryson was closer to a six than Hendrick and had it not been for his frustrating lack of defensive work for their second then he probably would have had it. Hendrick wasn't even in danger of coming close to a six. It's all irrelevant anyway as Shotton takes the accolade on this occasion. He should have given away a penalty, only the ref could tell you why he didn't, played a large part in both goals and gave the ball away an eye-watering amount.

bryso has already been booked or I think he would have brought the guy down , going down to 9 men would not have helped his team mates and I think ditto for forsyth , us Scotsmen are pretty considerate human beings

Ratings:

Analysis:

2 harsh yellows?get to specsavers the second could have been a straight red.Who in their right mind,after

a yellow ,apart from a Leeds player,would go into a tackle like that.

Archived