Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson looks a little bit lost for me.

That's not a criticism, just that we seem to play a little different this season and i'm not sure it suits him.

(is he fully fit?)

Think he is trying too hard to impress at the moment. Because he is having limited chances he is trying too much. A long run in the team would help but can't see it at the moment

Or Shotton drifting away from his man.

Imo he had no choice to cover the big gap that had opened as the result of keogh having to goto the player with the ball, Forsyth was then coming round to pick the yak up. All of this being the result of Christie charging forward to try to win the game and leaving us short at the back.

However the quality of the ball and yakbu's excellent run resulted in, a very good goal. Sometimes there doesn't need to be a player to blame, it can be the result of good play.

If Thorne had played that ball to bent we would have been creaming ourselves for weeks....imo of course....

I will say that the early interchanges between Dawkins Bent Lingard and the midfielders was really dazzling. Then we faded into the Warnock red. Dawkins at times looked like Messi in the first half. Ball magician.

He did Omar's job but didn't thwart attacks? That's a contradiction?

He barely made a decent tackle. Hendrick was having a bit of a mare at times by getting in a tangle but he linked up quite well with Christie and supported that right side. I don't think either Hendrick or Omar were at their best. But Bryson was just laying it off to the nearest white shirt all game. And he was terrible at winning the ball. It was a nothing performance. Might as well have let Thorne play if that's what he's become.

We moved from back to front very quickly. Defenders playing into the front 3 quite often. I thought Hendrick, despite a pretty ordinary performance was at least getting into the thick of the action.

Hughes has nothing to worry about. I know that much.

Not really; he did Omar's job in terms of stepping into the back line collecting balls and beginning the process of distributing balls. Nothing fantastic, I agree but he did that well. He just didn't break up attacks, like Omar has been doing, and was getting caught chasing their players, a bit like Lingard was doing. From McClaren's post game he didn't care about that part, except his switch of Dawks for Ward was clearly a more defensive maneouvre as until that point, Dawks was arguably the best attacking player out there.

Omar definitely not at his best as you say, and hendrick was slightly off boil but he was tenacious - too much towards the end when he lost us a minute or so with his non too clever attempts to win the ball back. I agree with the rest of what you said here.

Had you now !

Tell you what let's talk about Derbys season after the next 16 games.

His point was nothing to do with McClaren v Clough. It was to do with 10men v 11.

After spending half the season saying we're boring and I find it odd that you're suddenly self appointed chief happy clapper.

Not really; he did Omar's job in terms of stepping into the back line collecting balls and beginning the process of distributing balls. Nothing fantastic, I agree but he did that well. He just didn't break up attacks, like Omar has been doing, and was getting caught chasing their players, a bit like Lingard was doing. From McClaren's post game he didn't care about that part, except his switch of Dawks for Ward was clearly a more defensive maneouvre as until that point, Dawks was arguably the best attacking player out there.

Omar definitely not at his best as you say, and hendrick was slightly off boil but he was tenacious - too much towards the end when he lost us a minute or so with his non too clever attempts to win the ball back. I agree with the rest of what you said here.

We'll be alright anyway. We'd have smashed them if Warnock hadn't been so stupid and then it'd be praise on all of them. As a team we were on it right from kick off. Really should have taken early chances.

We'll be alright anyway. We'd have smashed them if Warnock hadn't been so stupid and then it'd be praise on all of them. As a team we were on it right from kick off. Really should have taken early chances.

Yep. Still irked about the Warnock thing. Winds me up with the Dirty Leeds connection but I give him props for his Tweet and from what it sounds he is a model professional and liked by his teammates. C'est la vie.

And you are right, some gorgeous stuff, but one too many passes/touches before that final shot; at times it seemed overly clever, and we could have been 3-0 up after 15 minutes. Game done and dusted. Bryson missed, Lingard missed, Bent missed, Hendrick missed etc etc etc. Came back to haunt us. Let's trounce Rotherham, with the good news coming on Bournemouth dropping the ball against Chrissy Powell's team. Love that. Auto Promotion is now officially in our own hands.

Archived