The most surprising thing of the transfer window...

Ambitious

Contract's up at the end of the season, I believe.

Correct same goes to Whitbread. They'll be gone anyway.

Out

L.Naylor

Whitbread

O'Brien

T.Naylor

C.Sammon

S.Barker (his contract is out the summer and look like he'll move on elsewhere though)

Eustace (Off to Coventry or retire)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the Chris Evans article, the two things McClaren wanted in the summer were Thorne and new contracts for majority of the players. Those things happened. I do believe he also said that it was hard work to sort all those contracts, other interests were there. The long contracts are a declaration that if we are to lose these players, a hefty price will have to be paid. Add in to that where we sit in the league, I just don't see many clubs thinking there was any point.

It never even crossed my mind that any of our main players would leave. We are a fantastically well run club and I believe we are for once in a position where we could easily tell clubs to feck off if they came sniffing!

what surprised me in separate chats with Pearson, Glick, Appleby, and then Rush and Vicars together, they ALL revealed that the clubs tell each other everything, they all know each other's business, they all gossip with each other, there are very few secrets in the industry.

I think the way the media, which nowadays is heavily influenced by ex-footballers that are involved, seemed to speak differently about Derby, and almost all making Derby favourites and being positive about us, makes me think that things are well known.

We are making a conscious effort to get promotion, we will not risk a crack at the Premier League cash cow for the sake of a few million quid cashing in on one of our assets.

I think most clubs know that it'd be a waste of time unless putting in gargantuan bids.

Re - Anyone else feel the same? I guess it's been overlooked by the majority. 

I thought exactly the same. I think it works like this:-                                ;-

Hi Sam, we are interested in signing Player X.

Sam - Not going to happen. We look very disdainfully on leaked transfer speculation. If you ever want to sign a plyer from us, then do it professionally or do not ring again. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Okay Sam. Message is loud and clear, nice to talk. All the best with your promotion challenge. Let us know if you want to sell. 0Player X. Pleasure to work with a man of integrity, Sam

Lingard said he liked our style of football and was used to playing it. Ibe said the same. Ince said that he liked our style of play. in short, everyone knows how we play and the best players want to play our way. It bodes well for signing players next year.

You're being a loon. Serious money for Whitbread, Martin, Ward, Dawkins, Buxton, even Keogh?  Being thrilled about our incomings, and the valuation of Hughes, and possibly Bryson and the blossoming of Johnny Russell is one thing, but making silly statements is quite another. 

Martin would require ''serious money''...

If Gestede is worth the reoprted 5-6 million, then I would hope we value Martin around the 7.5 million mark.

Lingard said he liked our style of football and was used to playing it. Ibe said the same. Ince said that he liked our style of play. in short, everyone knows how we play and the best players want to play our way. It bodes well for signing players next year.

With these youngsters all buying into that philosophy it bodes well for the England team in a year or two

(until the bloody FA coaches 'coach' every bit of ability out of them)

Might be in the wrong thread but just a thought. I know people are comparing the signings coming in to January under Davies where the signings disrupted the side but I think that wouldn't happen this time as our current side will all have promotion based bonuses already as will those new signings where as before it was only the January signings that had the promotion bonuses hence the disruption until all had the bonuses

Also Ninos needs to stop referring to what people say as silly statements just because he doesn't agree with them. We don't want or need to sell so a player is worth whatever we value him at. Martin would not be gone for less than

If Gestede is worth the reoprted 5-6 million, then I would hope we value Martin around the 7.5 million mark.

I love this post. It's bang on. YR you are the snuggly wuggliest lambkin in the whole of yorkland. As top teams clamour for the services of Martin, surely we can get even more than that: very serious money, or even what is classified as extremely serious money. 

As a well seasoned multimedia follower of events on the day the window closes there were 2 amazing things about Monday

We managed to sign 2 players  -  and top class ones at that.

We didn't discover at close of play that one of our prize assets had been sold for peanuts.

For once it all came together and we weren't left feeling disillusioned by the whole charade.

A big thank you to all concerned.

If Gestede is worth the reoprted 5-6 million, then I would hope we value Martin around the 175 million mark.

Fixed.

I love this post. It's bang on. YR you are the snuggly wuggliest lambkin in the whole of yorkland. As top teams clamour for the services of Martin, surely we can get even more than that: very serious money, or even what is classified as extremely serious money.

I don't believe we'll sell Martin, he's too integral to our play at the minute and fits our style of play far better than someone like Caataignos.

I was merely suggesting Martin is a better player and goalscorer than the likes of Gestede and therefore should be valued higher

Archived