The most surprising thing of the transfer window...

Ambitious

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really shows how well managed this team is, doesn't it? 

There seems to be a fantastic atmosphere among the lads, and I get the feeling none want to leave their mates when they are already playing for one of the most exciting squads at the moment.

If we do go get promoted, I can predict the same thing happening. Obviously some teams will be nagging on about Hughes and Russell, but I would be very surprised if they left.

Looking at form, consistency and upside, only 2 players would command serious attention from top teams right now: Johnny Russell and Will Hughes. I would imagine we would be horrified to learn the amount of discussions sam rush has had with top teams about Will Hughes this winter. The answer was probably: 'talk to us at the end of the season, we are in a promotion race and he's our best player'.

I think McClaren would have little problem parting with any fringe player, aka, Whitbread, Eustace, Dawkins, and in fact he has let Coutts and Freeman go hasn't he. I think come the summer, we may see Martin, Ward, Buxton all leave to other championship teams. Other players, such as Bryson or Hendrick may be sold if we get a great offer. Keogh Forsyth or Christie could also be targeted.

Although there have been many incomings this window, relatively speaking we have spent very little . It's been remarkable really given the pedigree and age of the incomings that we've been able to do that so well.

Looking at form, consistency and upside, only 2 players would command serious attention from top teams right now: Johnny Russell and Will Hughes. I would imagine we would be horrified to learn the amount of discussions sam rush has had with top teams about Will Hughes this winter. The answer was probably: 'talk to us at the end of the season, we are in a promotion race and he's our best player'.

I think McClaren would have little problem parting with any fringe player, aka, Whitbread, Eustace, Dawkins, and in fact he has let Coutts and Freeman go hasn't he. I think come the summer, we may see Martin, Ward, Buxton all leave to other championship teams. Other players, such as Bryson or Hendrick may be sold if we get a great offer. Keogh Forsyth or Christie could also be targeted.

Although there have been many incomings this window, relatively speaking we have spent very little . It's been remarkable really given the pedigree and age of the incomings that we've been able to do that so well.

Martins 44 goals over the past season a half still not made you think he is a decent striker then?

I mention this in another thread yesterday ,how only a couple of years ago we would have been with bated breath waiting for one of our better players to go. And hoping it would not happen.

How times have changed ,complete turn around gone from a threadbare squad to being able to field two excellent Championship sides at once.

Do many players that are playing regular for there team get moved on in the January window?

I'm trying to think off any moves that involved players from championship or premiership for that matter, that moved clubs. Bony, but for silly money, and then ?

You would also have to ask who would bid for our players, probably at best teams that are fighting relegation from the prem, and why would someone who is enjoying their time Derby want to swap a place in a winning team for one in a dogfight.

We also play a brand of football that is not used by many teams, and therefore our players would be a gamble for these clubs to bring in and try to get them to adapt to a different style of play, especially with the season being half way through.

People know they're gonna have to pay serious money to get any of our players... simple as that...

You're being a loon. Serious money for Whitbread, Martin, Ward, Dawkins, Buxton, even Keogh?  Being thrilled about our incomings, and the valuation of Hughes, and possibly Bryson and the blossoming of Johnny Russell is one thing, but making silly statements is quite another. 

You're being a loon. Serious money for Whitbread, Martin, Ward, Dawkins, Buxton, even Keogh?  Being thrilled about our incomings, and the valuation of Hughes, and possibly Bryson and the blossoming of Johnny Russell is one thing, but making silly statements is quite another. 

Yeh, but serious money is all relative isn't it?

If a player is worth

Other clubs would ask our management for permission to speak to a player,they could

then talk about wages,etc.They would then dicuss a fee with our people.Generally we would

get to know,because the press would be informed.The length of contract is largely irrelevant

these days,only to a players security.

If you look at it that way just maybe. When i see serious money i think either the raw figure or the figure relative to the league they play in. So the Bournemouth offer of 5m for the Brummie chap was serious money. Jordan Rhodes, McCormack, Assombalonga were serious money for the championship. 750k for Doyle was serious since he's league 1? Your point was that every player on our team would command serious money, which even by your definition, is untrue. Only 2 probably would command serious money: Russell, Hughes (and maybe Bryson) 

They'd command serious money because we are in a position where we don;t need to sell... Let's say The Bucko is worth

Archived