Newcastle back in for McClaren

Ambitious

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where the article seems to fall down for me.

McClaren is not out of contract in the summer, so why would compensation amounts differ (other than there will be 4 months less of his contract to buy out) if he goes now or if he goes in the summer?

As to whether McClaren would leave if we fail to get promoted

This is spot on. Ashley doesn't give a fig about Newcastle, is notoriously tight and will never pay compensation. Derby would want very significant compensation. Therefore this story has not the slightest legs. However, I despair of the inevitable panic that will ensue...

This forum needs to be renamed DCFCWristSlashers

Seriously?

That would mean that they would have had to approach Derby beforehand - otherwise it would be construed as deliberate 'tapping-up'.

Tapping up is easy and rife nowadays via agents.

We were one of the last to make a formal objection with Sturridge ...complaints go nowhere. Times have changed........

Anyway, nothing happening in next few months .....we just need to get on and concentrate as a club on what we do know. Mac is 99% certain to stay this season.  As an owner I would be concerned come the summer, and that can impact confidence to spend "big" now

Realise this is all speculation, but we all have different angles. Working in Finance, spotting Mergers relies on intuition and no little speculation to see events in a different light.

Newcastle have definitely spun this story to The Sun ...... most likely to appease their fans .

I personally think Ashley is approaching Mgt Structure in the right way. Days of managers solely picking players etc is long gone.

Need Head coach to be able to recommend/suggest players and also to agree to play them.  Thing is, Newcastle brought in some very useful players, so Pardew was never going to not play them

I think it is highly likely that Newcastle want McLaren and just like us with George Thorne, aren't about to be put off by an initial rebuttal or even after several of them. I also think its quite possible, or even likely that his agent has been talking to them to see what sort of thing might be on offer. Why wouldn't he? 

Just like us with George Thorne they are probably also allowing their 'interest' to be known to the media in the hope that doing that helps wiggle it a bit

That's just how business is done I think. We would be na

Not surprised at this we were discussing on the other SM thread only yesterday why he was still a short priced second favourite for NUFC - now we know why!

Yes now we know why.

Because idiots put bets on based on what they read in the papers, and somehow don't see that they're falling for the sort of **** that makes the bookies rich.

Can't see Mac going there, would take years for him to sort them out to fit his style of play.

They'd likely go backwards before going forwards, and he knows that at any moment if they are within a few points of the relegation zone they'll be baying for blood.

Unrealistic supporters.

The Newcastle job is a poisoned challice

Archived