Newcastle back in for McClaren

Ambitious

i think we pretty much agreed on here that McClaren will stay at Derby if we go up and will be gone if we don't. That hasn't changed, and Newcastle seem to recognise that too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we pretty much agreed on here that McClaren will stay at Derby if we go up and will be gone if we don't. That hasn't changed, and Newcastle seem to recognise that too.

Their fans wouldn't accept McClaren as a failure - and that is how he will be perceived if Derby fail to achieve promotion this season.

So perhaps we are not as agreed as you think - at least looking at it from a logical perspective.

Silly me. Logic has no place on here. Where's Nixon when we need him?

You mean YOU have decided this ?

No evidence for this at all. You simply listen to lazy paper talk and bookmakers odds and conclude what you want.

Am not worried if Mac goes at the end of the season. We have a decent coaching setup, not likely to all go as one, due to Simmo's and Steele's links to the club. Sam Rush isn't married to Mac, so he won't be going either, nor Chris Evans. All seperate entities. I'm sure there are other very good coaches out there that will become candidates.

For now, we have our coaching team. Enjoy it

Why would the Toon want him if hecan't get Derby up?

And if he does get Derby up, then he'll continue the excellent work here.

Even at the end of this season he'll have 2 years on his contract,so woiuld mean a massive compensation payout that Ashley has a track record of never ever being willing to pay.

All the evidence is this is a total non-story with no chance of it happening. Move along...

the geordie fan that posted on here, probably in this thread, I think answered this one. They'll go for a Dutch/French coach, they don't respect McClaren.

Talking to three mates on Friday, who are all Baggies fans, moaning about Pulis' management killing off all enjoyment of matches already. When I suggested they should've tried to get McClaren before Irvine, they all choked on their beer! It seems outside of Derby, no football fan respects McClaren. People in the industry, and in the media seem to have a level of high regard for him, but he's still considered a laughing stock and failure outside of Derby by the public.

the geordie fan that posted on here, probably in this thread, I think answered this one. They'll go for a Dutch/French coach, they don't respect McClaren.

Talking to three mates on Friday, who are all Baggies fans, moaning about Pulis' management killing off all enjoyment of matches already. When I suggested they should've tried to get McClaren before Irvine, they all choked on their beer! It seems outside of Derby, no football fan respects McClaren. People in the industry, and in the media seem to have a level of high regard for him, but he's still considered a laughing stock and failure outside of Derby by the public.

Good.

Long may this continue.

As long as the empty vessels amongst fans make the most noise, we get to keep McClaren.

Newcastle is a bit of a strange job. You could make yourself a hero by winning a trophy but you'd better get a move on or the fans will be forming committees and writing on their bedlinen to show their disapproval. Who knows, you might even be the first manager since the days of the selection committee to win the league with them.

Long may this continue.

As long as the empty vessels amongst fans make the most noise, we get to keep McClaren.

Newcastle is a bit of a strange job. You could make yourself a hero by winning a trophy but you'd better get a move on or the fans will be forming committees and writing on their bedlinen to show their disapproval. Who knows, you might even be the first manager since the days of the selection committee to win the league with them.

You ever seen the fan on YouTube? He rants and raves.

Am not worried if Mac goes at the end of the season. We have a decent coaching setup, not likely to all go as one, due to Simmo's and Steele's links to the club. Sam Rush isn't married to Mac, so he won't be going either, nor Chris Evans. All seperate entities. I'm sure there are other very good coaches out there that will become candidates.

For now, we have our coaching team. Enjoy it

This is a bit dismissive of MacClaren's contribution to our upturn in fortunes. All the interviews I've heard with Simmo suggest that it is MacClaren who is the major decision maker over team and tactics etc. No guarantee at all that Simmo without MacClaren would be as effective.

This is a bit dismissive of MacClaren's contribution to our upturn in fortunes. All the interviews I've heard with Simmo suggest that it is MacClaren who is the major decision maker over team and tactics etc. No guarantee at all that Simmo without MacClaren would be as effective.

I'm actually 100% in agreement with you, Mac has been fantastic for us. And he will continue to be into the near future. My point was merely answering wrist-slashers rolling up their sleeves. We're the mighty Derby County and we'll carry on

Early this morning on Radio Derby the presenter was interviewing Sam Rush about next years season ticket offers. There was talk of commitment to the club from the players and fans etc.

When asked "will Steve McClaren be at Derby next season", Rush sidestepped the question.

When probed further "are the chances of him staying 50-50", Rush was again non-committal, saying "we shall see".

Seemed odd bearing in mind that a few weeks ago Rush made a point of declaring that McClaren was committed to Derby and wasn't going anywhere.

Archived