The S*n saying we face FA charges over the fan incident

North_Stand_Ram

kelvin took some Mayweather esc moves to avoid your drone's punches and then another player of ours took him down to stop him from throwing anymore. You think that is unacceptable? Everyone else here with half a brain has recognised that they should have given the idiot a kicking

He isn't mine. An eye for an eye right. Even two eyes for an eye. The only one that sounds like they have half a brain is you. Suggesting that they should have given him a kicking. But then again that is typical Forest mentality is it not? Without the two Universities the city would have the collective intelligence of a duck. I suppose the Forest players need all the kicking practice they can get. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To play Devils advocate if a "customer" was abusive & or violent and you retaliated then you'd probably be sacked!

Not saying that's what should happen, but it's the relality of it! But whatever people's opinions we all know football isn't like any other workplace!

We are not on about being abusive here. We are on about someone physically assaulting a man that had his back turned.

Did Forest get fined for the clown that went on their pitch in September and was subsequently convicted?

It works both ways surely?

Did he attack a player?

The charge will be for failing to ensure the safety of the players.

Can we please stop trying to trivialise this matter and using completely incomparable events.

The last time I remember us being involved in anything like this was Millwall in the play offs and I don't remember us having quite the same reaction then.

I'd like to see charges pressed against the red dog players who then proceeded to give the man numerous kicks over his body when he was restrained by stewards. Not called for, that Osborn gave him a nasty one in the back. They should get down for assault aswell.

Considering he was being interviewed by Sky at the time, I highly doubt that.

While the idiot who attacked Wilson gets all the headlines, it was one nutter, one fool who lost it through too much colombian marching powder or lager (or both).

Most other fans won't judge all Derby fans on this. Real football fans will realise it is a one off.

Earlier, a mob of Forest jumped off the train on Derby station and threw unopened tins of beer at a group of Stoke who had just got off their train en route to Leicester. The tins exploded showering them and a few innocent passengers (including a woman and two kids). 

Stoke fans returned fire and only a large police presence stopped a full scale riot.

The Stoke lot were no angels and had been snorting coke on the train, some of them played up in Leicester, there was a brawl at 2pm in Leicester city centre, and later on, back in Derby after their game it all got silly. There was not enough carriages to fit them on the train from Derby to Stoke so the police tried to corral them on a 2 carriage train while they waited for extra carriages) and the station platform. They got stroppy and broke out, running into Midland Road giving the police the runaround for a bit.

Still plenty of idiots about at football so an isolated, one man pitch invasion and a damaged number plate is not something Derby fans will be tarred with the same brush with.

Bit concerned with the slashed tyres, was someone carrying a knife? That is the only thing i'd be concerned with tbh.

Harsh reality is that it is the club who are responsible for fans and players safety in the ground, we didn't do this and will be charged accordingly. Just a pity that stewards didn't react when the fan ran on the pitch, it took them an age to react to the incident. No debate with the video evidence I'm afraid, clear it was a full on assault, sort of a flying punch. Just remember that reasonable self defence is permitted providing it is proportionate to the attack.

Unfortunately the club will be tarnished by the acts of the individual, that's just how it is.

The incident was every bit as bad as the Leeds thug who assaulted Kirkland a couple of years ago - probably worse because it was a cowardly attack from behind. He got a holiday courtesy of HM Prisons.

It's idiots like this that are the ruination of the game.

Talk now invariably moves to discussing whether the Forest players brought this about through over exuberant celebrations. Absolute rubbish.

Yep. Parallels can be drawn to people saying about Charlie Hebdo - "oh well I don't agree but you know you should be more considerate of others feelings" etc. it's a football match. If you win you celebrate. If you lose you feel miserable. And it's x10 if its against your rivals. No excuse for violence

Yep. Parallels can be drawn to people saying about Charlie Hebdo - "oh well I don't agree but you know you should be more considerate of others feelings" etc. it's a football match. If you win you celebrate. If you lose you feel miserable. And it's x10 if its against your rivals. No excuse for violence

Completely agree - bolox to other people's feelings, but if you can't control yourself and have to resort to thuggery, then you really ought to take up a different game.

Like Ludo.

Completely agree - bolox to other people's feelings, but if you can't control yourself and have to resort to thuggery, then you really ought to take up a different game.

Like Ludo.

As a former Ludo champion, I take exception to this post.

I just don't get why everyone feels the need to pipe up saying it's wrong and saying he's not a typical derby fan.

Of course it's wrong and of course he's not.

I'm bored with the constant dissecting of the incident.

With regards to being 'typical' of our fanbase then there's idiots in most football teams' fans throughout the country and I don't think there's any evidence DCFC are particularly bad - but he was one of ours so well done Sam Rush with his statement. And although it's unfortunate if the club get fined then as long as there's precedence of that happening then no complaints from me I guess.

Im just conjecturing but maybe people are saying it's wrong as it cuts a bit close to the bone? I wasn't there but I think I read some fans were applauding him? If so, maybe prats like him are more common in our fanbase than we'd be comfortable with

Archived